RC51 Forums banner

No spark after accident

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fasteddie 
#1 ·
Okay a few weeks ago I hit a deer tore up my fairings pretty good but when I first got it home to the shop it started but only sound like it's running on one cylinder for a few minutes and it died and has no spark since since then I have confirmed that there is no spark it is now it wasn't at first but is now throwing F1 codes I don't know what the codes stand for. I don't have a manual for the bike I'm the second owner of my RC51. That's one light is blinking 9 times real fast can anybody help me with this or help me with a manual. It would be very much appreciated that bike is my baby. It only had 7000 original miles on it it is is a 2002. So if anyone can help thank you with everything in me thank you.

#2 ·
sounding like a possible break in wiring or a low voltage situation perhaps stator side got hit?
if so low voltage can cause the thryristors in the cdi, or converter box to pop , there are artricles on how to repair that item for less than 50 bucks i also have the thryristors should you find that to be the problem, or you can buy another for around 600. i fixed mine hence i have the new parts necesssary to do it .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.