RC51 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently hit a deer on my 2002 RC51. After getting her back home the next day. I tried to start her up and see how bad the damage was. I got her to fire up. Kinda. It was like it was only hitting on one cylinder. Then no more starting. I have checked and i have no spark at plug. Any ideas at what might be the problem???? Anything will help.. Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Damn, I hope you're OK !

If you impacted the deer with the front of your bike, check up under the right front fairing, as the front ignition coil is up there, as well as the ignition wiring. Also, if the bike had a big impact check the bank angle sensor. I bought a crashed bike a few years ago, and only ran on one cylinder. The above mentioned ignition wiring was bad, and something during the impact pulled the spark plug socket out. Ended up an easy fix, hopefully yours is too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I definitely had a pretty Major Impact I'll post the pictures of it I received some serious road rash luckily I was wearing my leather a broken collarbone but my poor RC51 took the most of it
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle brake
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle brake

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you wanna just sell it how it is I’d buy it
Man I appreciate the offer but it's my baby they're hard to find especially in decent condition mine was a one owner under 7,000 miles she was pretty cherry until the damn deer but I appreciate it but I can't do it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn, I hope you're OK !

If you impacted the deer with the front of your bike, check up under the right front fairing, as the front ignition coil is up there, as well as the ignition wiring. Also, if the bike had a big impact check the bank angle sensor. I bought a crashed bike a few years ago, and only ran on one cylinder. The above mentioned ignition wiring was bad, and something during the impact pulled the spark plug socket out. Ended up an easy fix, hopefully yours is too!
Right on I appreciate that I'll check that all out and get back to you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man I appreciate the offer but it's my baby they're hard to find especially in decent condition mine was a one owner under 7,000 miles she was pretty cherry until the damn deer but I appreciate it but I can't do it
Aw man that is a gem! Amazing bikes. Trying to get my hands on one bad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts