RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone want to help/explain to me how the hell these fit?

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-18393-MCF-003.html

I meen i just ruined all three lol, called multiple dealerships and bike sources they said "yeah they will be super right you will have to slightly force them in"........ its like fitting a square shaped object through a triangle shaped hole.....just aint happening, anyway need help big time, thanks once again guys!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
You could try freezing them for a couple hours, maybe they will shrink enough to slip in.
You're sure you have all of the old one out, right?
I replaced my exhaust gaskets and didn't have any trouble slipping them in. They are round like a sleeve and just slide into place. Not sure what you mean by a square peg in a triangle hole. :confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the analogy there was just a joke lol. And yeah the link to the above was the gasketrs i bought. which the manual shoes thats correct. Yes i took the old gaskets out of the erion set(not my current) and they wont even fit in there, the same goes for the new pipes i have. the diameter is a few centemeters to large, there is absolutley no way they will fit without crighting htem. i cant understand whats wrong.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are round, checked everything, those gaskets(which are the correfct part number) wont fir the stock exhaust, erion pipes i have, as well as the new system lol/. So you guys are tellimg me that your gaskets or any time you have replaced them just slip right in?!!!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
The aftermarket slip ons I've seen on my bike didn't use that oem gasket where they attach to the header. Ymmv.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thats what i ordered, confirmed with a few dealerships also, and a thread on here. Not sure whats up. The guy whos putting my new tires on is goign to take a look, fingers crossed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts