RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been working on my 2004 rc51....I see that the person before me relocated the oil cooler to a vertical position or the left side under the front fairing, not up high and horizontal like I believe is stock...any ideas why? (camera cable was lost so I can load pics right now).

Also, I was removing the pair system today and I see that big tank thing in front of the oil filter... I thought that was part of the pair system but the rouge site doesn't say anything about removing that can....can anyone explain what this can does?

tks to dave, matthew, weyrach? forgot how to spell your name..lol...for the help with parts...

have about a week left to reassemble this thing and get to riding.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
sp2 oil cooler is that position, sp1 is different.

the big tank thing is some vaccum tank i forgot what it does but i dont think it has anything to do with the PAIR mod

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Devil is right about the Oil Cooler, SP1 and SP2 are different, yours is where it is supposed to be.

As for the other part...not entirely sure...

Name is spelled Weyrauch (pronounced Y-Rock)...so people normally just say Rock.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Do you live in California?
If so, it could be the fuel vapor recovery tank (EVAP canister) if its a California model.
Otherwise, it could be the flapper actuator vacuum tank.

Flapper actuator vacuum tank location.

California EVAP canistoer location.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
evap canister

yup. live in CA at the moment....bike was purchased here..it appears to be the large evap canister...can that and its associated lines etc be removed w/o repurcussions mechanically?

I APPRECIATE the input greatly!

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Yes you can.
Just be sure route a tank vent hose similar to the 49 state bikes.
The 50 state bikes have the tank vented to the EVAP canister to trap vapors, as compared to venting to air for 49 state bikes.
There's also additional solenoids and other hardware that control the EVAP canister operation than can be removed.
Review the service manual on the EVAP canister system and compare to 49 state bikes.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vacum tank solenoid delete and codes

I deleted the evap tank and the flapper valve tank, solenoid, lines today....the shop was asking me if it throws codes when the flapper solenoid is removed...Does anyone know?...installed new 520 chain kit and spark plugs today......Im thinking of replacing the gas tank retaining nut and bolt with a pin and clip to facilitate removal...any suggestions?

tks guys!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I hope you're hanging on to that stuff. Living here in CA, you may need it again some day. Myabe not, I dunno, but the powers that be are starting to reign down on our motorcycles. Not on a consistent basis, but every now and then they set up motorcycle cops in speed traps and I'm seeing more and more motorcycles getting pulled over. They got me for $250 for modified exhaust. No inspections yet at DMV, unless you buy a bike from out of state, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see mandatory inspections someday.

·
Registered
468 Posts
JD, yes indeed. I keep all emissions related crap just in case that does come true. U never know. But cops haven't cracked down too hard on bikes in my side of the Bay Area.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cops

good to know...I keep my 400 Z twin turbo plated in FL for that very reason....just bought the 954 and rc51 but will retitle in FL as well...you can title a big wheel in FL with no problems...LOL!

I also heard on the street that they are going to be racking down on the lane splitting that has been legal in CA...anyone know exactly what they will be doing? NO MORE LANE SPLITTING??/ arrggghhhh...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fork problem

got the bike all together today..ready to take it out and the forks don't budge...since I bought the bike wrecked with a destroyed front wheel, I am assumning something is bent inside. from the outside, nothing appears amiss...anyone have any issues before with jamming uo the front forks? they do not move even 1/4 inch...it seems like they are compressed about 2 inches maybe....have til wait until next week and try to have the shop pull it apart...

if internals are damaged, what are the upgrade options for stock fork casings/

may be in the market for a set of used sp2 forks very soon.

derrel

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I replied to your wanted post, check that link...$250 plus shipping for some forks.

Also sent you a PM.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
traxxion forks

broke down and bought the traxxion gas cartridge forks and parts to rebuild my stockers from matt..great guy to do BZ with.....

got the suspension setup now, may want to build a spare engine for later use...still droolin' at daves engine from that AWESOME part out bike he's got......

anyone here have a Hi comp, cammed, ported etc etc engine here? would like to know what they cost and how well they run..hp/tq numbers.....

derrel

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a great motor that is already taken apart that would make an excellent build motor. Only needs a transmission. I would make a you fantastic offer on it, basically just over shipping costs. Send me a pm if you are interested and I will give you lore details. If ou want the other motor inhale I can make you a deal I. That one as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts