RC51 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Which one was yours?
Saw the issue and read the article.
Too bad they really didn't dig too deep into the bike's history/legacy.

The British magazines had several articles on the RC51 at about the same time and frankly, they had much better coverage.

The writer was requesting large digital photos of folk's RC51 for the article.
Unfortunately, I was doing so much business traveling that I missed the due date.
It would have been fun to also see my bike grace the pages as well.
I would have bought more issues to pass around.
Oh well, maybe next time....

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
cant say im a big fan of that mag. seems like way to much custom paint and "bling" for me. i am a monthly subscriber to fast bikes, performance bikes, road racer x, motorcycle racer, and superbike magazine. all but one are brit mags, way better coverage on the actual bikes in my opinion. but congrats anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Yeah I much prefer the Brit mags to the most US mags.
The US mags mainly concentrate on the latest models, and last year is so yesterday.
While the Brit mags cover new and old.

Currently one Brit mag's project is upgrading a 2002 Gixxer 1000 to try an beat the '09 Gixxer 1000. Both power and handling.
You don't see that in US mags. What's this years should be discarded for next years, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
I agree, the brits have an article on the RC30, 45, or 51 in every magazine i pick up. not to mention they always cover Aprilia and MV's which im a huge fan of. great technique tips in there to. just seems like they focus more on the bikes track performance and concentrate on the classics, not just looks and customization.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts