RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That one is badass! I looked on ebay but they're bids are up there in price. I went to hondapartsnation.com and found 1. Thanks guys

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
That one is badass! I looked on ebay but they're bids are up there in price. I went to hondapartsnation.com and found 1. Thanks guys
Cool...can you do me a favour? Can you pm me the part number? But only need the top cover as I don't need the frame.

Or a link to the page on their site?

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
every year has a different part #? let me know what year you need and I'll get it right now? I had to get all the hardware too but just the lid is $37.08 plus shipping

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't sure I guess they just come painted with the base color and the marks are separate. what year is your Rc

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Cool...can you do me a favour? Can you pm me the part number? But only need the top cover as I don't need the frame.

Or a link to the page on their site?

Thanks
I wasn't sure I guess they just come painted with the base color and the marks are separate. what year is your Rc
Same year as you sir.
77240-MCF-A50ZA - PANEL SET, SEAT COWL (TYPE1) (WL) $31.78 here: http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2005/RVT1000R+A/SEAT+++SEAT+COWL/parts.html

$37.08 here: http://www.hondapartsnation.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053ee4af870021c54be53e1/seat-seat-cowl

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry nobody i went to bed...thanks strap u da man! Ive only been on the site for a few days and i just wanna thank everbody for all the help theyve givin me so far. Thanx guys!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
What a confusing thread. There is no need for decals for the OP since he's missing the single seat cowl panel and the part will comes with the decals.

Next, it sounds to me like the OP is missing the entire solo seat cover, not just the top panel piece of it. And that will mean many more parts to order. OP should confirm what is missing. Do you have the solo cover for the rear cowl and is it just missing a part, or are you missing the entire solo cover that slides into the rear cowl.

There have been entire bike parts diagrams on the internet for the last 10 or so years and people should be (or get) comfortable with parts searches themselves. It is easy and basic.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My bike only came with the seat, no lid what so ever. I had to oreder tje lid and all the hardware for it.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
What a confusing thread. There is no need for decals for the OP since he's missing the single seat cowl panel and the part will comes with the decals.

Next, it sounds to me like the OP is missing the entire solo seat cover, not just the top panel piece of it. And that will mean many more parts to order. OP should confirm what is missing. Do you have the solo cover for the rear cowl and is it just missing a part, or are you missing the entire solo cover that slides into the rear cowl.

There have been entire bike parts diagrams on the internet for the last 10 or so years and people should be (or get) comfortable with parts searches themselves. It is easy and basic.
I re-read and don't see mention of anybody being confused. Did you read the whole thing?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Bingo, as I thought! The OP needed more than just the top panel. Good to hear you got that all figured out. There is something like ten parts I see.

Good to see you did your own parts search. One could have missed all the other parts by just going with part #'s listed here, as well as getting un-needed decals. That is why I mentioned earlier that people should do their own parts searches. Cheers.

I re-read and don't see mention of anybody being confused. Did you read the whole thing?
I said the thread was confusing, not that anyone in the thread was confused.

Ahh, I see now, went back and re-read the thread for the 4th time. My brain masked over the Nobody sentence on just the lid, not the frame. So I missed the context of the whole subsequent discussion of only the top panel. Amazing how masking that one little bit completely changes the skew of the thread.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts