RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all... newbie RC51 rider here. Just got a used RC51 SP2 trackbike, and am fixing it up.

I want to get the OEM exhaust, so I can put on a Sato S/O system. Someone I know has a mint SP1 exhaust system... but I need to know if it is the same for an SP2 model. According to Ron Ayers the major pieces have the same part numbers... but I want input from those who know (you folks).

Please help!

PS> I may shortly be selling a Hindle full race system (ultra-high mount), which needs a few pieces to make it whole again (right rear elbow pipe, and right pipe hanger).

PPS> Geez... I go from a well-respected TLZone member to a lowly "Junior Member" with the purchase of another bike... arrrrggghhhhh... let the fun begin. :^)

·
Registered
863 Posts
No the exhausts are not interchangable. I think you can use the SP2 header on the SP1 but not vice versa. Because the swing arms are different the midpipes between the 2 wont work either. Your better off trying to find an SP2 header.

How much for the Hindle?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'll eat crow here.
What I was told was a Hindle full race system was actually only a slip-on system... I hadn't really taken a good look at the pipes underneath. They are SP2 OEM headers. :^(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts