RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently picked up a SP1 without fairings... well an upper that needs replacement and an undertail were the only fairings. The tank is great. I want to keep the stock paint scheme, but will be adding track plastics for doing trackdays. This is going to be a street/track bike for me (until I find a cheap track toy). I have wanted an RC for a long time, and finally got my hands on one.

My delima is, as most of you may already know, finding a replacement fairing's in good condition. I want to keep it stock looking for the street (because I love the stock look over any of the aftermarket paint scheme's I have seen). Can anyone tell me where I can get OEM fairing, not the cheap Asian knockoffs, for a decent price? I checked out RonAyers, and they are going to cost me in the neighborhood of $1800 to replace the upper, both side's and the tail. I know I am going to put in more money to get it looking OEM, than I could probably sell it for, but I plan on keeping it for sometime to come.

So other than RonAyers, can anyone recommend someplace else to get a great condtion set of OEM SP1 fairings?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to stick with the US colors so that is matches the paint scheme on the 00 model SP1 that I have. It's the silver/black number plate tail that was on it. The tank is silver/red with black wings.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Pretty much the same color scheme from '00-'02 (I know it well).
And you're right, it did cost $1800 to replace my bodywork. And $175 in shipping costs.
For that amount of money you'd figure they'd be made of stouter material.

Most of the bodywork sites I've visited usually carry Euro colors.
Maybe I'll run across a site that has US/CAN colors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
you can get it piece by piece...i have good right OEM lower to start ;) since you already have the undertail...now you just need the upper,tail,front fender and left lower. finding and upper in good cond is the only hard part.but it will cost you half the dealer price at the end.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can get it piece by piece...i have good right OEM lower to start ;) since you already have the undertail...now you just need the upper,tail,front fender and left lower. finding and upper in good cond is the only hard part.but it will cost you half the dealer price at the end.
yea, I am going to piece it together. My front fender is good, as well as the carbon fiber hugger. I just need the tail, both lowers, and an upper. Now, if you want to pm your asking price shipped for that side fairing, I'm interested...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts