RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let this be a good place to ask a little about a lot to do with Ohlins forks for the RC.

I will start with a good one which I will also be asking Dan Kyle Racing about in the new year.

Does anyone know if Style & Performance fork bottoms work on Ohlins fork stanchions :confused:
Because I may just pursue that as I still have a line on a mint set of 108MM Radial calipers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MadbuTTer, you can come look - and ride - but these " golds " be staying right here.
The manufacture date on the bottom is my 22 birthday, fate intended this set for me. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I'd highly doubt it. The threads for the slider may very well be the same pitch and diameter, as there aren't that many options with the same size fork sliders, but the internal mounting for the damper cartridges could be very different.

Sell the S&P's and have some custom made radial brackets made up. Keep the axial mount brackets in a box and forget about them.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The fork bottoms screw on the fork tubes of the Ohlins forks and secured with red lock-tite along with torquing to 200 N/m.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd highly doubt it. The threads for the slider may very well be the same pitch and diameter, as there aren't that many options with the same size fork sliders, but the internal mounting for the damper cartridges could be very different.

Sell the S&P's and have some custom made radial brackets made up. Keep the axial mount brackets in a box and forget about them.
Thanks B ! Glad your still around bud. ;) BTW - Pending sale on the fork bottoms already ! maybe. :D

The fork bottoms screw on the fork tubes of the Ohlins forks and secured with red lock-tite along with torquing to 200 N/m.
SUB, was asking if the S&P will go on the OHlins bottoms :confused:;)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Pull out a big cheque book :eek::). The FG322 caliper brackets are going to cost a pretty penny to do custom. Will be very nice though.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Pull out a big cheque book :eek::). The FG322 caliper brackets are going to cost a pretty penny to do custom. Will be very nice though.
Depends on who is doing the design work, but yeah they won't be cheap. Material alone could be several hundred dollars.

I'm pretty sure drew or someone already has drawings for them. I think that would be the hardest part: finding a set to take measurements from.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the material - and the guy with a 5 axis CNC.

Need the software or design... or a set of radial brackets to model with

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Depends on who is doing the design work, but yeah they won't be cheap. Material alone could be several hundred dollars.

I'm pretty sure drew or someone already has drawings for them. I think that would be the hardest part: finding a set to take measurements from.
Drew has radial mount brackets, don't know if they are 108mm, or for what disc size. More work may be needed.

Sadly, you can't even get both oem fg 322 caliper brackets anymore from ohlins.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did some measuring...
The Showa has 42mm stanchions, the Style & Performance bottoms have 42mm stanchion holes.
Will not work on Ohlins stanchions, I was going to order Mupo 42mm Ti N stanchions for the S&P bottoms...but no longer need those :rolleyes::D

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Let this be a good place to ask a little about a lot to do with Ohlins forks for the RC.

I will start with a good one which I will also be asking Dan Kyle Racing about in the new year.

Does anyone know if Style & Performance fork bottoms work on Ohlins fork stanchions :confused:
Because I may just pursue that as I still have a line on a mint set of 108MM Radial calipers.
The Style and Performance fork bottoms use the openings for the RC51 compression valve that the Ohlins FG832/FG322 forks don't use.
The Ohlins forks have the compression valve in the bottom of the cartridge.
They won't work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts