RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Bidding has ended. I'll bet it comes back up pretty quick, I don't think it sold. 0 bids.

I have a HO9431 on my SP1, which probably is the update to this shock - HO9430.
I believe it will fit the RC51, but I'm not for sure. A quick call to Kyle could confirm that.
This shock has a 1092 - 29/90 spring. According to LDH's chart, that spring is for a rider and gear weighing 160-180 lbs.
Unless you're running an aftermarket link - then it's only adequate for 140-160 lbs.
A different spring can be had from Kyle for about $100, and servicing the shock and updating the valves to HO204 specs, about another $110 and $60 respectfully.

I'm guessing it's a double clicker, not a triple clicker - the pictures don't show the compression adjuster.

It's not my shock and I have no knowledge of who's selling it. I took the time to comment because if it comes up again at the same price, I think it's a good price if it's in good condition.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bidding has ended. I'll bet it comes back up pretty quick, I don't think it sold. 0 bids.

I have a HO9431 on my SP1, which probably is the update to this shock - HO9430.
I believe it will fit the RC51, but I'm not for sure. A quick call to Kyle could confirm that.
This shock has a 1092 - 29/90 spring. According to LDH's chart, that spring is for a rider and gear weighing 160-180 lbs.
Unless you're running an aftermarket link - then it's only adequate for 140-160 lbs.
A different spring can be had from Kyle for about $100, and servicing the shock and updating the valves to HO204 specs, about another $110 and $60 respectfully.

I'm guessing it's a double clicker, not a triple clicker - the pictures don't show the compression adjuster.

It's not my shock and I have no knowledge of who's selling it. I took the time to comment because if it comes up again at the same price, I think it's a good price if it's in good condition.
Good info Jon, thanks for sharing. Quick question that doesn't apply to this thread. I weigh 170 lbs and am running a 1091 31/95 spring on my Ohlins. Are you saying that I need to use an aftermarket link or will my current spring be adequate for me?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I don't know Ohlins well enough to answer that. You really should call Kyle and ask. They are super nice on the phone and you know you can trust what they tell you.

But...

I think the correct spring length is a 1092, not a 1091. What model number shock do you have?

here's the spring chart I mentioned.

http://www.rc51.org/link.htm

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know Ohlins well enough to answer that. You really should call Kyle and ask. They are super nice on the phone and you know you can trust what they tell you.

But...

I think the correct spring length is a 1092, not a 1091. What model number shock do you have?

here's the spring chart I mentioned.

http://www.rc51.org/link.htm
I'm running a HO 204. From what the chart is showing that you linked to it looks like I'm right on the edge of being either better off with an aftermarket link or going down a spring. Thanks for the info Jon!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I just put a Mori link on, I could tell right away how much quicker it tips into turns now. The link will cost twice as much as a different spring, but you might like the upgrade. I sure do.
Oh, you have to lengthen the kickstand too. Or pick you parking places very carefully. :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts