RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a steering dampner and was wondering if anyone had pics of this kind installed on theirs....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Preciate the feed back.. I ran across (street and comp)and they can get me a mounting kit for bout $180...unfortunately after a ride a couple of days back it appears I have a leaking left radiator...my rc has been trouble free up till this point...its all good tho ill take care of it as well...

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Preciate the feed back.. I ran across (street and comp)and they can get me a mounting kit for bout $180...unfortunately after a ride a couple of days back it appears I have a leaking left radiator...my rc has been trouble free up till this point...its all good tho ill take care of it as well...
Check if your radiator hose is snug.
They loosen over time as the rubber takes a set.
The left radiator is notorious for this for some reason.
Probably due to gravity as the bike leans to the left on the side stand.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wats up Sub....the last time i rode her bout 2 miles from my house when i begin 2 downshift my foot sliped off pedal thats when i realized the leak...brought her back home immediately and shut it off..besides steam fluid came running out..u would think a hose had come lose but upon removing fairng the hoses appear fine...i have a consant drip at the bottom of my left radiator....ill have more time 2 inspect it later 2day

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
wats up Sub....the last time i rode her bout 2 miles from my house when i begin 2 downshift my foot sliped off pedal thats when i realized the leak...brought her back home immediately and shut it off..besides steam fluid came running out..u would think a hose had come lose but upon removing fairng the hoses appear fine...i have a consant drip at the bottom of my left radiator....ill have more time 2 inspect it later 2day
What's your coolant overflow tank level?
If you fill towards the upper limit with the bike upright, it tends spill out the cap somehow.
It happened to me when I found coolant residue coating the left side near the swingarm pivot.
Now I only fill to mid point between hi/lo marks when cold. No problems since.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea I alway keep the overflow low but its the radiator......I can actually see the coolant running down the grill/fins to the bottom...thats where that constant drip is...now im checking my options on replacing it

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
radiator repaired....cost me $75 and so far so good...the fan had been rubbing against it cutting the 4 tubes near the top...they welded the holes and placed 1/8 inch washers on fan to give it clearance from rubbing....on the road again and steering dampner kit ordered

1 - 10 of 10 Posts