RC51 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought my rc51 this past march. immediately changed the oil and filter. honda filter and motorex semi synthetic oil.
it doesn't miss many shifts, it is rare. always on upshifts. could this be related to the semi synthetic oil?
i decided to switch to the factory recommended honda oil. did the oil change this afternoon.

·
RC51 Forums Moderator
275 Posts
Usually when you switch to a synthetic blend then a full synthetic, you'll notice it shifts faster and smoother. It may be because you're not used to it. You might want to check the fluid level in the clutch because that could influence that problem.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've used semi syn in all my bikes and i'm used to it.
i think i might suffer from "lazy foot syndrome" and that's what's messing up my shifts.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha, yeah, lazy foot syndrome!
i actually tweaked the foot levers. i found them too high and i had to strain to shift gears and lift my foot too high to apply the rear break. this situation was made worse when i installed buell drop pegs.
i noticed that the end of the levers swoop upward. so, i cut the two levers and rewelded them on opposite sides. the break lever is now the shift lever, and visa-versa. they now swoop downward and they're good height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts