RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Strictly my opinion but I think OEM Honda filter is best. Honda designed the motor and they know what it needs. I remember several years ago some AFM racers having Fram filters coming off under racing conditions due to poor tolerances on the mount threads. I don't have any hesitation on spending for top dollar synthetic oil either. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strictly my opinion but I think OEM Honda filter is best. Honda designed the motor and they know what it needs. I remember several years ago some AFM racers having Fram filters coming off under racing conditions due to poor tolerances on the mount threads. I don't have any hesitation on spending for top dollar synthetic oil either. Just my 2 cents.

im guessing you don't need to safety wire oil filters with afm? I did a search and went with emgo I found on amazon. I remember using em back in my early racing days. hope it doesn't come off:grin2:

·
Registered
234 Posts
im guessing you don't need to safety wire oil filters with afm? I did a search and went with emgo I found on amazon. I remember using em back in my early racing days. hope it doesn't come off:grin2:
Did your search turn up the recall on the Fram 6017 spin on filters for many Honda models back in 1995? And that influenced your purchase of the Emgo product? O.K. Sure that's a much better product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts