RC51 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just turned over 24,000 miles and now my indicator light has come on for the oil. It only comes on at idle. I've checked the continuity and I'm fine there. Next step says check the oil pressure but really figure what's the use. I want to beef up the motor anyway. Is this a good reason to take that leap?

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you have the money I say anytime is a good time to beef up the motor! Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Banned
7 Posts
# One of the most common reasons for a fault oil indicator light to blink on is the failure of the battery that powers the instruments on the dashboard. This can cause the light to flicker, to turn on constantly, or to refuse to turn on completely. In order to solve this problem, the battery can be completely replaced and then the service indicator light can be reset using a jumper wire connecting to the proper cables, which are usually pins 7 and 19 on BMW models, but can shift from model to model and should be double-checked with instruction manuals.
Sensor Problems
# It is also possible that the oil light indicator is functioning properly, but that its sensors at the oil tank are malfunctioning or have been displaced. These sensors should be checked in case of light malfunction. They should be reattached if they have been displaced, and any faulty wires should be replaced. The contacts should be cleaned and possibly replaced if it seems they are faulty. In most club car engines this can be done without removing the oil tank itself, although this will depend on the club car model and where the oil tank is positioned. Most contacts can be attended to without taking apart any major components.
=================================
SEO Link Building | Link Building Company

1 - 3 of 3 Posts