RC51 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2006 RC51, 25k miles
Tonight I was sitting at a light idling and I heard a spuuurt sound, and saw some smoke and liquid spray out the right side between frame and gas tank, like pressure relieved from a release valve or something.

Pulled over and there's oil on the frame. Oil on my knee. Bike runs fine but it sounds like somethings open from that area between frame and bottom of tank.

I'm curious of any ideas, it's dark out now and I plan to tackle this tomorrow, I haven't seen anything or lifted the tank yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what cause this to happen, the valve covers never been removed, but the vc gasket seems to have failed. Fixed now though, I just loosened the valve cover, cleaned the area and gasket, then tightened back up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Have you recently done the PAIR mod or anything under the tank?

Many times guys will plug the wrong line & block off the breather return line or kink the line etc and then pressure builds up & blows out the valve cover gasket

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you recently done the PAIR mod or anything under the tank?

Many times guys will plug the wrong line & block off the breather return line or kink the line etc and then pressure builds up & blows out the valve cover gasket
I did the pair valve back in 2006, I don't know if that would be it. It's going in for valve adjustments soon so ill have Honda can check it. I drove 50 miles today and it was fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts