RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals have been intermittent at best this season so far. I have swapped out the stock signal switch for a '04 one. Everything works fine. Except the signals. When I shut the signals off I hear a click in the relay in the tail. When touching the relay, I can feel it when it clicks. The highbeam light works on the dash, but the green turn indicator light does not. Is my relay done? Fuses are all good as well.

This is really pissing me off! lol

-Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah it is probably your relay. Mine was doing that and I Jumped the two out board wires together and it worked fine. Went down the the Honda dealer and got a new relay and it works like a champ. the relay is in the back cowl area. Good luck bro

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
yep or go to an autoparts store, you can buy the same type of relay for about 6 dollars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6 Bucks!! That isn't bad! Will it be a straight plug in job or will there be some cutting and splicing a plug to make it work?

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
should be a straight plug in....you'll have to see what they have in stock. Should just be a universal relay. just bring your relay to the store they will get you what you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Issue solved.

Just a slight bit of play on the wire harness plug. The green wire is just barely loose. Just enough to cause a bad connection. Thanks for all the help guys!

-Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts