RC51 Forums banner

Okay new problem!!!

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  lhvRC 
#1 ·
I am not happy with this bike so far, Just got her and its been one problem after the next. Just got it out of the shop on saturday and now i got stranded today, bike wouldnt start. I'm thinking battery/alternator. The battery was just replaced with a YTZ12S YUASA BATTERY-174.99$. SO im thinking alternator. When cranked up the the bikes lights and screen come on, the starter clicks once, then whatever is under the cowl will click like crazy. Any suggestions? and if it is an alternator what am i lookin at to fix that?

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Took the bike to the same shop that raped me before.... Turns out the problem is whats stated on a different thread. The fuel pressure regulator flooded the motor the it wouldnt even turn over. No electrical problems. SO now i had them overnight the FPR to have it ready tomorrow. I am a little pissed yet again cause theyre gonna try and make me buy new spark plugs and a bunch of other shit cause when the engine completly flooded it screwed them up. I dont have a problem replacing the FPR but the bike was just in service 2 days ago and i spent 2000$ and they knew there was a problem but didnt know it was the FPR, they thought it might be the injectors.... So i rode the bike once, wouldnt start after and now im supposed to pay for additional stuff like the spark plugs and the oil filter, etc. Am i out of line to think they should have identified that and because of that i shouldnt have to pay for the stuff that broke cause they didnt diagonose the problem correctly? Just wondering if i have a case to get out of buying all the additional shit.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Its not that i enjoy it, I am going back because they have history fixing it. They have had the bike for three weeks and since it isnt right from a business standpoint they need to correct it. Which after talking to the general manager, seems like they will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.