RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
makes me wonder if these are a direct swap, like does anything else need to be changed in order for these to work properly...I think GTS has done this mod, anyone want to chime in?

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
makes me wonder if these are a direct swap, like does anything else need to be changed in order for these to work properly...I think GTS has done this mod, anyone want to chime in?
Everything will need to be changed. These cams have extra lift, so HRC valve train parts will be needed for them to work.
They will NOT be usable with stock valve train.

You'll need the HRC spring set, spring seats, and retainers. All of which were discontinued two years ago.
There are probably some sitting around in some warehouse or owners garage (I wouldn't know about that :rolleyes:), but no longer available from HRC.

NL6 is the HRC reference to their parts for the RC51.
Pretty much everything HRC made for the RC51 has the NL6 code in the part number.

Also, these are still made from castings, like the OEM cams.
For racing, sustained use at high RPM may cause these cams to snap near the drive gear.
That is why, for racing, billet cams are the best. They are available from Kent Cams in the UK.
And you'll also need the HRC valve train parts for them too.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything will need to be changed. These cams have extra lift, so HRC valve train parts will be needed for them to work.
They will NOT be usable with stock valve train.

You'll need the HRC spring set, spring seats, and retainers. All of which were discontinued two years ago.
There are probably some sitting around in some warehouse or owners garage (I wouldn't know about that :rolleyes:), but no longer available from HRC.

NL6 is the HRC reference to their parts for the RC51.
Pretty much everything HRC made for the RC51 has the NL6 code in the part number.

Also, these are still made from castings, like the OEM cams.
For racing, sustained use at high RPM may cause these cams to snap near the drive gear.
That is why, for racing, billet cams are the best. They are available from Kent Cams in the UK.
And you'll also need the HRC valve train parts for them too.
Sub... You are like a Living/walking text book for these bikes. :D

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Thanks for that answer sub. I didn't think they'd work w/o more $$$ on internals

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts