RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm still getting familiar with my rc51. i've only ridden a little so far. the on/off throttle jerking is annoying. even cruising at low speed with little throttle opening is annoying.
i'm hoping it's just a matter of getting used to.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
i'm still getting familiar with my rc51. i've only ridden a little so far. the on/off throttle jerking is annoying. even cruising at low speed with little throttle opening is annoying.
i'm hoping it's just a matter of getting used to.
Quite honestly, they weren't made for putt-putting along.

The traffic in town here can get clogged with all the geezers and tourists, and frequently I have a hard time getting finding the right gear.
They always seem to find perfect speed where you either chug the engine or creep along with the engine at 4000-4500 RPM in a lower gear.

I can almost hear the engine breathe a sigh of relieve once I hit the freeway and open the throttles.

·
Registered
168 Posts
LOL Yeah in town is not good for the RC. I have the same prob. I run everywhere in my town in 1st. Plus, I love leaving black marks on the road when you twist your right hand! :)

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
The main scenario is when you are creeping in traffic in a low gear, with low RPMs (3000-3500), with the engine lightly loaded, and a barely cracked throttle.

With that throttle barely opened, just the slightest road bump can cause your throttle hand to quickly close and open the butterflies.

Since bike is in 1st or 2nd, it just magnifies the situation and now you bike is lurching.
Since you can't do anything about the traffic, about the only one can do is use the clutch to regain composure. And if possible, go to a lower gear and put the engine in a higher rev range where the throttles may be opened a bit more.

Trust me, I hate poking along at 35 MPH in 1st gear (so does my bike). :(

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lurching is a good word to describe the problem. i'm gonna drop a tooth on the front and try to avoid the low speed crawling traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts