RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here have their heads ported and polished, perhaps 3 or 5 angle valve jobs, thinner head gaskets, etc.... basically the more simple head work that (in my eyes) wont compromise reliability as much as going deep into the engine. and if so, what kind of results did you get, what kind of $ did it cost you, and my guess is to maximize the results you would most certainly need headers to flow the most air. from what ive been reading most people say unless your looking to break 140rwhp you dont really need to run headers.. not that im really ready to do this yet, but im curious for a potential future project. i might look to pick up a used engine to have as a spare and get it tweaked a little bit.

·
Registered
332 Posts
anyone here have their heads ported and polished, perhaps 3 or 5 angle valve jobs, thinner head gaskets, etc.... basically the more simple head work that (in my eyes) wont compromise reliability as much as going deep into the engine. and if so, what kind of results did you get, what kind of $ did it cost you, and my guess is to maximize the results you would most certainly need headers to flow the most air. from what ive been reading most people say unless your looking to break 140rwhp you dont really need to run headers.. not that im really ready to do this yet, but im curious for a potential future project. i might look to pick up a used engine to have as a spare and get it tweaked a little bit.
No, just use the stock head gaskets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts