RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my first track day at Pacific Raceways near Seattle. It's kind of a bumpy track, so I left my suspension at street settings. My suspension is stock, except for a Dan Kyle link. It was about 60 degrees that morning, and I set my tire pressures at 32 front 31 rear per the instructors.

I went with the intermediate group and after getting over the initial fear and learning the track a bit, I was keeping up with those guys pretty well. I didn't have any traction problems except on the bumpy or worn parts of the track, there I felt some headshake, and a tiny bit of front sliding on the brakes and rear sliding on the gas.

So anyway, here's my tire pics, Dunlop Q2s:
Rear:

Front:

It was 95 degrees outside when I got home, and the tires were at 38 front 35 rear. So, I know some of you guys can probably read tire wear, do you think I was overinflated? Thanks for any insight you can spare.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the tires in those pictures are quite a bit more shredded than mine are, so it looks like I can push them a good bit harder with no ill effects. Can't wait till my next track day!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks like your at a constant throttle speed, need to put a little more to the throttle on the exit of your turn , when you see different wear lines across the tire it shows were your hitting the throttle.

Your still not all the way over on the edge ( can defiantly push harder w/o losing grip ) and it could be the track your at, but it looks as though your more comfortable with left turns than you are with right turns..

I haven’t tried the Q2’s yet, was thinking of it though, been using BT03’s which I am very happy with… they stick well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts