RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
They look like they will work okay. I have concern on the front stands where the wishbone attached to the lower section. Some are not made very sturdy. Even the Pitbull stand wobble a bit. That is what I would watch while lifting the piggy.

·
Registered
753 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a set of these, but not the way the front one connects.

Mine sits under the front forks.

Very robust 1 piece front and rear set that I bought back in 2008 for $140.

Still going strong and do the job.

This kinda one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBR600RR-CBR1000RR-954RR-600f4i-RC51-Front-Rear-Stands-/310228191696?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item483b0a89d0
Those are the ones the set I linked to has, except you can take the fork stand off and insert those pads on to the front stand and it looks the same.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great news then. I'll order up a set before I start working on it this spring. Pointless to get them now as my garage door is busted and we have a ton fo snow on the ground.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Report back please as I am curious how sturdy the front stand is. Pretty nice you get all of the pins too.:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Thats what i use on my RC. They are sturdy and are a good deal for the money. i would buy another set.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
If you go to my build thread you can see them in use.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Have you ever seen cheap stands next to a good set like pitbulls? After having a cheap set of LP stands that came with my R1, I'll never use cheap stands again. They let the bike wobble too much and I was never comfortable with sitting on the bike with them. Pit bull stands are bullet proof and will outlast your bike.

I was able to find a used set of pit bull stands for less than what those cost. $70 for the front stand that goes under the triple, and $50 for the forward handled rear stand. I bought another set with the spooled/non-spooled rear and the front with the triple adapter for about $100. Found another rear SS stand for about $70. Now I have more stands than I can fit on my two bikes. Time to get another bike I guess?

Deals are out there, you just have to find them.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
You can always go "ball'n" status and get you one of these :D

http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36522

Or like BMiller said, try and find a nice set of used ones. I recently found a nice set of Pits for $175.

You can always check track forums...tons of stuff popping up there.

If you do get them please give a thorough review for everyone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a set for my sisters GSXR and recommended them to a few people they are decent stands no problems yet. they also sell scratch and dent versions that I have bought and couldnt find the scratch....or dent :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts