RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
be patient....you can find better, cheaper. Wait until closer to Christmas.;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
You can always make him an offer that would be more in line. I would think an '03 would be below 5. I bought mine from a CLister after his adds had expired and he didn't sell it. I contacted him and asked if he still wanted to sell and made him an offer that was well below where he had it posted.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have been researching these bikes for several months and think that the fact that they generally very few in number makes them have a bit of a cyclical supply. You can simply not rely on a constant supply to be available. You will see several go on sale at one time and then it can go for a while where there are no additional bikes coming up for sale.

We are currently in a down period where there has not been a lot of activity, the quantity of bikes is pretty short and the prices reflect that by being a little higher. Some of the bikes in my area sold, while others failed to sell and are simply not being advertised at this time.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I have been researching these bikes for several months and think that the fact that they generally very few in number makes them have a bit of a cyclical supply. You can simply not rely on a constant supply to be available. You will see several go on sale at one time and then it can go for a while where there are no additional bikes coming up for sale.

We are currently in a down period where there has not been a lot of activity, the quantity of bikes is pretty short and the prices reflect that by being a little higher. Some of the bikes in my area sold, while others failed to sell and are simply not being advertised at this time.
I understand what you're saying, as I've experienced the same thing.
each person's region has it's own ebb and flow of used bikes.

I would feel ok scoring that bike for $5,000. That would be my max.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I feel that right now its a buyers market. You should be able to wiggle that a little bit. Low mileage. That things practically a virgin.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
starting point.

offer $4k, that bitch has been sittin on its ass and not budging....just aging and disinigrating, barely getting any lubed worked into its crannies....just a thought from this bean.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
offer $4k, that bitch has been sittin on its ass and not budging....just aging and disinigrating, barely getting any lubed worked into its crannies....just a thought from this bean.
Soooo... Just what are you trying to say here??? :D I agree. I paid 4700 for mine almost two years ago with low low miles...patience is what is required here.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app bitches

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Sorry bout that, if he can see the bike that would be perfect. When I got my sp1 from the dealer I thought I got a good deal. But I realized that the bike still had oem tires and the neutral switch was out. This was once it was purchased. I guess what I'm trying to say here is make sure everything works right and the things that need to be replaced are up to date. The tires that were on the bike were 8 yrs old. Bike was sliding all over the place. Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 9 of 9 Posts