RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd post up a thread to discuss previous bikes we've owned.

I was going through some of my old stuff recently and found this. Thought I'd share it. It is a dyno chart of my 2001 GSXR1000. I owned this in (late) 2001 after my 2000 RC51.

Check it out. What a beast. Incredible compared to the RC51 in every facet. Bear in mind this bike became available when the RC51 was current and only out for one year. It was over 50 lbs lighter than the RC51 as well. It dyno'd notably higher than other gsxr1k's, and on multiple dyno's. I account for that by the break-in and the mods I put on it. Break in is very important imo. I also attached a picture; miss that bike.

Bike had Full Ti-Force exhaust, short stack mod, TRE, custom PCIII map. Plus ohlins damper, Gilles Rearsets, vortex clip ons, Goodridge SS braided brake lines, AFAM +2, oem 02 black wheels, 02 clutch judder spring update, no-cut sliders (was a nice bike design allowing for that).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Thats a great looking bike.

My first bike was a 2005 Yamaha R6. Had a full titanium GPR exhaust, BMC filter, PCIII, and a hyperpro steering damper. Was a great first bike.

2005 Yamaha R6 1 by gts455, on Flickr

When the S1000RR came out in 2010, i bought one. Was a fun bike, but i just wasn't nuts about it. Traded it off a year and a half later for a Triumph Daytona 675R.

2010 BMW S1000RR 1 by gts455, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Bikes i still own

My 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R.
-Full titanium Akrapovic exhaust
-Evo airbox
-54mm Evo Throttle Bodies
-Evo eprom
-Evo slave cylinder
-Edwards edition intake snorkels
-Evo fuel pressure adjustment valve
-Evo velocity stacks
and much more....miss this bike a lot, it pulled hard and sounded amazing.

DSCF0169 by gts455, on Flickr

·
Registered
606 Posts
This is one of my current bikes......

2004 Kawasaki ZX10R

Full Muzzy titanium exhaust
Factory Pro Velocity Stacks
PCIII USB with custom map
Ohlins rear shock
Scotts Damper
and so on.....

To me, this bike is an absolute animal! I can't even begin to imagine what the new liter bikes must feel like.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I've owned well over 30 bikes and I regret selling many of them for one reason or another, but some really stand out and make me wanna slap myself silly

My 142rwhp Erion built bulletproof 97 900RR

Pristine condition 1981 Maxim-I 650 that I finally sold in like 1992 and the new owner immediately started doing burnouts with it and eventually got it impounded in some sort of drug bust or something...

And the best streetbike ever built!
2002 Honda 919

& then there were the ones that I didn't actually own I just got to keep them for development work etc like this K5 GSXR. Took me over 3 years to uh return this one LOL The front end alone was about $10,000 worth of suspension, brakes and wheel... Just an absolutely amazing bike to ride under any circumstances from a 1200 mile road trip to a sprint race it was just an extremely capable bike with amazing versatility and very forgiving to ride with the exception of the brakes which had to be treated with lots of respect

& the 848,I didn't want to give that one up either. The 848 is the only Ducati I have ever seriously thought of owning. Makes the same horsepower as the RC51 and weighs 72lbs less

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I like 848. What was the maintenance like on it? Were the valve clearance checks every 6k?

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Thought I'd post up a thread to discuss previous bikes we've owned.

I was going through some of my old stuff recently and found this. Thought I'd share it. It is a dyno chart of my 2001 GSXR1000. I owned this in (late) 2001 after my 2000 RC51.

Check it out. What a beast. Incredible compared to the RC51 in every facet. Bear in mind this bike became available when the RC51 was current and only out for one year. It was over 50 lbs lighter than the RC51 as well. It dyno'd notably higher than other gsxr1k's, and on multiple dyno's. I account for that by the break-in and the mods I put on it. Break in is very important imo. I also attached a picture; miss that bike.

The K1/K2 started a pattern which culminated in the K5/K6. Powerful, torquey, light weight.
After the K6, they became heavier, and more powerful at the expense torque.
Which is why the K5/K6 so desired as track bike.
I wouldn't mind having one, but most are beat to death by now, especially the gearbox.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I have had probably quite a few bikes in the past 6 years, I currently own my 03 RC51, 89 HawkGT, 10 R1

I will soon sell the R1 and just retain the two Hondas. Im about done buying bikes, ive found what I like now and ill stick to it.

some of the noteable ones i miss are my 94 900rr, 75 CB550f Cafe Racer, 2010 1000rr (oil burner), 68k SP1 (ran like a top).

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
No pictures with me but,

Bikes I currently own:

2002 Sp2 ( Planning/gathering parts for a 1L 2 stroke conversion )
2000 Sp1(In the process of transferring all nice parts from the Sp2)
2001 Sp1 parts bike
2001 Klr 650
2001 Cr500 (Undergoing suspension refresh for this season)
1996 Kx500 (Planning to put the engine into a more modern Kxf roller)

Bikes I have owned:

1994 Cbr900rr ( I miss this one)
1983 Cr480
1989 Gsx-r 750
1977 Rm250

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Most memorable: 1st bike ever was a TR90 Suzuki. First street bike was a Norton 750 Commando Roadster, then a 400 Hawk (yeah downsize thanks to a wedding ring), two CB750s and then a 1200 Wing and a VF500 Interceptor. Then a 1500 wing, a Virago 1000, a couple HD's, a Vulcan 1500 the ST1300 and now the 1800 and SP. Been a few others along the way but nothing I'd call really memorable, at least in my mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
88 ysr50
88 zx6r
89 zx7r
01 gsxr600
02 gsxr600
04 cbr1000rr

tons of minibikes, scooters, dirt bikes I won't even list.

I really miss my 02 gsxr... I didn't have much experience on the street, super tame and forgiving bike. Back then I thought the zx7 was super ugly but now I'm obsessed with older style bikes and really miss it. :mad: I regret selling any vehicle... That's the big problem with buying bikes "just to fix quick and sell" My garage is FULL right now.. mad wife :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is my first bike, which I still have!

It´s a stupidly fun bike to ride, and I´m very reluctant to sell it. But I don´t really have the space for it anymore after I got my rc.

I´ve taken good care of it after I got it, new brake fluids, filters, coolant, tires, full Tyga exhaust(the previous owner vandalized the original one) and jets and needles to along with it.

edit typo

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
This is my first bike, which I still have!

It´s a stupidly fun bike to ride, and I´m very reluctant to sell it. But I don´t really have the space for it anymore after I got my rc.

I´ve taken good care of it after I got it, new brake fluids, filters, coolant, tires, full Tyga exhaust(the previous owner vandalised the original one) and jets and needles to along with it.

That and the RC? Great. Like holding a pair of aces!

·
Registered
30 Posts
25 and counting.

I must be getting old, as I have owned 25 bikes now. Working on a 1985 Honda VF750FF Interceptor right now. Only has 4500 k.m's or so on it. Still has the original tires on it! I guess I own Honda's First and Last 750 c.c. class Superbikes!?(2004 Honda RVT1000SP2) Still have stock tires on my N. Hayden Replica as well!

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Half of my RC-51 motor is in the uk at this time, so this is my only bike now, 2009 cbr 1000rr... 30 hp less than most other 1 liter track bikes but I'm having a blast on it.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Enjoy it bro! I've got your missing 30 something extra horsepower and it's a bitch to effectively do anything with it. I love my ZX, but it is anything other than sedate and takes a metric fuckton of focus to ride it quickly. Im kinda hoping this RC build gives me back some of what I lost when I sold my 1000RR

·
Registered
469 Posts
first streetbike was this 1987 kawasaki zx750r in like 2009 lol.

then a 2002 bandit 1200

i sold the rc51 to try something different and ended up with this. 2004 honda vtx 1300c

LDH: looking for some more info on the 919.

i really liked my rc51, and i really like my vtx, but i miss the bandit 1200 the most. i do not miss the carbs and sup-par suspension though. it was just a good inbetween bike, decently quick and not a bad ride (compared to the RC) with aftermarket support out the wazoo.

been eyeballing things like the z1k, hornet, etc..

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
LDH: looking for some more info on the 919.

been eyeballing things like the z1k, hornet, etc..
The 919 is my favorite streetbike of all time. The CB1000R is a better bike all the way around and more capable, but commands about twice the price even on the used market, but if you have the money it is worth it over the 919.

http://www.rogueracing.org/919/mods.htm

1 - 20 of 34 Posts