RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took off the stock tank , put this bottle in place only have one tube coming from radiator and i have the tube going to bottom of new bottle , and i have a vent hole is this all i need done , PS should i have fliud in the bottle like the stock one had ??

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried it works great , i wonder if i need a vent hole , make a closed vacuum ? mite work better , seems like when it gets hot fluid moves to the bottle , but as it cools down there's not enough vacuum to suck it back to the radiator , anyone have something like this . and how do you have it hooked up

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
So it doesn't suck any fluid back up at all? After a few rides it should stabilize the amount of fluid in the overflow. You don't want too much or too little in there. With just a vent hole, you might want to think about what will happen if that bottle gets full. You'll have extremely hot fluid blowing up into your face. I would route a hose down low somewhere.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The tube that comes off the radiator should not be too close to the bottle surface, so in case of overheating it will not melt the plastic. You should also have enough in there so it cools down some of the incoming charge but not too much so when it expands under normal conditions it overflows. The overflow tube should be a little lower from the top so it has some free space of air or it will blow the tubes out.
There is a minimal volume for those things which is about 1/3 more than the maximum expansion from coldest to warmest, otherwise it will not work. It will spill too much out when hot and then suck air when it is empty.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it doesn't suck any fluid back up at all? After a few rides it should stabilize the amount of fluid in the overflow. You don't want too much or too little in there. With just a vent hole, you might want to think about what will happen if that bottle gets full. You'll have extremely hot fluid blowing up into your face. I would route a hose down low somewhere.
when it gets hot fluid does make its way to the bottle , just as it cools off only some goes back to the radiator , my bike i took off the to stock fans that suck hot air , and replaced with fan that pushes the air out , works 100x times better the hottest my motor gets is maybe 210 degrees and thats at the stop lights , but when riding seems to be around 175 degress , runs very good and i would say cool .

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I notice you have HID lights, What is it you have your HID ballast mounted too? Sorry for the thread steal LOL
to the air intake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts