RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doing pair mod on my 04. I'm following the instructions from rogue but it's different since its an sp1 on rogue. 1. Do I have to take the tank off or propped high fine? 2. What do I do differently than what's on rogues instructions? 3. It seems like the Dan Kyle block off plates sit really high off on the two corners that aren't bolted?

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
The pair system's parts are exactly the same on both SP1 and SP2. Just mounted in different locations due to SP2's second rad fan.
You certainly have to remove the airbox to plug the nozzle that the pair hose mounts on to. You also need to take the TBs off to remove the pair system's air canister beneath it. It would be hard to do all that with the fuel tank mounted on the bike.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Tried to mess with it once with the tank propped and airbox in so I eventually pulled my tank...and stock airbox. Only the tank returned for duty:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got mine done without pulling the tank. I think I did disconnect a couple hoses to allow it to pivot as high as possible.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Just got my block off plates in yesterday but right now my bike is more naked then Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies so it wasn't hard at all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts