RC51 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,
I took my bike (2003 SP2) apart a year ago to install Samco's and Spal pushers. I could not complete the upgrade until a couple weeks ago. Putting things back together I came upon some parts I don't recognize or recall. Two pieces of what appears to be 8" X 11" vulcanized rubber sheet with laminated foam on one side.
I have no idea when they came from, can't find a reference here or the service manual. Yes, it's embarrassing.
Any thoughts are appreciated.....
CE3

Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those hang off either side of the airbox inside the frame rails. The air box lid has 3 short screws and 4 longer screws…the 4 longer retain the flaps pictured. Once you fit them it’s obvious which side they belong too

·
Registered
2002 RC51
111 Posts
Yes, looks like # 19, and 20.. the 4 top lid (4 corners) airbox screws secure the flaps, and they hang between the airbox and the inside of the frame.

Sorry my picture split somehow, you can look at the airbox diagram on honda parts finders..

Automotive design Font Auto part Engineering Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive design Auto part

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those hang off either side of the airbox inside the frame rails. The air box lid has 3 short screws and 4 longer screws…the 4 longer retain the flaps pictured. Once you fit them it’s obvious which side they belong too

Hey Joe,
Thank you for the reply. I'm sure I'll recognize the install once I get the tank back up. I didn't know which end of the bike to look at. This'll get me on the road before it gets too cool here in Colorado.
Thanks again.....

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, looks like # 19, and 20.. the 4 top lid (4 corners) airbox screws secure the flaps, and they hang between the airbox and the inside of the frame.

Sorry my picture split somehow, you can look at the airbox diagram on honda parts finders..

View attachment 136920 View attachment 136922

Thanks Gigantor,
I probably looked right at that fiche and missed it. Anyway, now I can print and staple to my forehead in case I lose traction again.

Thanks - CE3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts