RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I need the upper and lower fairing cowling on my SP1 , mudguard too but thats probably no chance
Thanks Karl
Leicester, England

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smoking Joe. Do you know how much post could be please. The parts that Mega zip could post are around 35 dollars each. Whereas some places quote less but not much less. Thanks

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I've posted small bits like SP seats & foot pegs to UK before & it was more expensive than it should be + add VAT on your end..

Last year I shipped a full Akrapovic exhaust system to Amsterdam it cost me $150 usd to ship & it was all titanium & carbon fiber so very light..

For example last week I just shipped an OEM tail fairing to California it cost me $128 usd shipping slow ground & it didn't even leave the country..

The OEM fairings are not heavy but they're large & require a large box so the price goes up due to size & distance not necessarily the weight..

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey Karl i am based in Geneva and have all of that ... no idea on the shipping cost....Its the RED euro version....I have a complete extra set actually...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Vnaik. That's sounds good. I live in a city callsd Leicester. Could you see what the postage could cost and we could go from there. At least they're not big items
Regards Karl

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This year yes 🤣
Speaking to my g/f her friend lives in France and she's coming over in April. That would be cheaper to post there; surely ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Vnaik, these cowlings are the ones, lower at bottom of fairing centre that hides the downpipe top one hides the electrics etc.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I've posted small bits like SP seats & foot pegs to UK before & it was more expensive than it should be + add VAT on your end..

Last year I shipped a full Akrapovic exhaust system to Amsterdam it cost me $150 usd to ship & it was all titanium & carbon fiber so very light..

For example last week I just shipped an OEM tail fairing to California it cost me $128 usd shipping slow ground & it didn't even leave the country..

The OEM fairings are not heavy but they're large & require a large box so the price goes up due to size & distance not necessarily the weight..
Really sorry for the threadjack, just wanted to comment on this.
Two years ago I packed all pieces of track fairings, (except fuel tank) inside a Uhaul wardrobe box. The ones you hang clothes in. It was plenty big enough, and Greyhound will haul it anywhere in lower 48 within a few days. I paid $48 to ship from CA to TX. about 1500 miles. Got there on the third day. :)

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Hope you get the parts you're looking for Karl.
Cheers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers Jondog9
Yeah no problem with your threadjack
Yes it seems like some couriers are expensive
Managed to get the top Dowling from partzilla. Cost $80 inc postage then import charges +vat. Ended up costing £80 but in England £120 !!
Just the lower cowl to find which is being tricky.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts