RC51 Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I got all of the old maps on a hard drive somewhere. I’ll try and find it. Want me to send it to you when I do? I just ordered the PC6 so hopefully the maps work with it. I’m running a full hindle system with a pc2…..but it’s a piece so I’m finally upgrading after 20 years of ownership
Would you mind sharing with me as well?

·
Registered
27 Posts
All, have an SP2 with the standard mods (flapper, pairing valve, KN air filters, Lady Bird cans and mid pipes). The supply of PC 5's is slowly dwindling.

Anyone out there with any recent experience with the PC 5? Are they worth the small $$ to purchase and install? Are maps still available? This bike is 20 years old, but such a classic. I do not plan on letting this go anytime soon...

Any advice is greatly appreciated?

A
I've had the PC1, PC2, PC3, PC3 USB and PC5 with Autotune and the O2 sensors from 2001-current. There is a post here or on RC51.org about the PC5 AT having problems with the RC because there is an electronic interference issue at around 2-3,000rpm. Our RC ignition systems are pretty much only used on our bikes and not shared with CBR etc. My PC5 with Autotune never worked properly and both O2 sensors always remained in heat up mode. Even with a base and lean default map from Dynojet support, my RC fouled spark plugs within a couple tanks of fuel because Autotune forced it to run rich all the time.
Dynojet support even with team viewer and access to my PC and bike live on a dynojet dyno could never rectify it and the interference and flat spots could be seen by them. I asked to replace the possible faulty O2 sensors and Autotune module and they refused. I heard later that Dynojet know about the interference problems with our RC and due to the sales volume with our bikes small, they don't care. I went back to the PC3 USB which is no different to a PC5 with a fixed map.
PC6 wit AT might have the same issue as they use the identical PC5 Autotune module and O2 sensors. With a fixed map you wont find any more power using a PC5 (or 6) compared to a PC2 or 3 dyno tuned to your bike.
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would keep the pc2 but it has a hard start issue and I have no cable to program it. I’ve had zero luck and now with a full system I really need a tune. Oh btw I found the maps but it says for pc2. Does anyone know if this will work on later power commanders?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
From what I understand, the PC-6 has very limited adjustability compared with the older ones unless it is unlocked by a registered DJ facility. Somewhat like an EFI version of the limiter caps on the idle mixture screws on older carburetors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would keep the pc2 but it has a hard start issue and I have no cable to program it. I’ve had zero luck and now with a full system I really need a tune. Oh btw I found the maps but it says for pc2. Does anyone know if this will work on later power commanders?
I don't know but if u want to send them to me I'll try them and let u know if worked or not

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts