RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my PC II failed I replaced it with a PC III USB and loaded map #105-304. It's for a full Yoshi, RS-3 and stock filters which is what I have. All the snatchy throttle during on/off is now gone and the bike is much easier to ride. Power feels good with no lagging anywhere in the RPM range. But my surging around 3500 to 4500 is still there. I've tried 93 oct and well as 87 oct and it's slightly better with the 87. So my question is, how do I adjust the fuel table? Am I correct in assuming it's a lean condition? I know a custom tune would be ideal but it's an expense I'd like to avoid since I have another habit that takes most of my money......no it's not drugs.....it's worse, drag racing!
Below is the map that is loaded,

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a helpful response ... but isn't "surging" desirable to a person who's into drag racing?!

:)
Yeah the radical cam timing causes plenty of surging. My car is quite a bitch to drive at slow speeds. But in drag racing you only use two throttle positions, 0 and 100%. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
actually im starting to mess with this myself. I want something smooth (to increase predictability) and rich (to keep temps down and avoid any lean issues) From what i can tell, a stock map is smoother AND richer........?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you done the flapper mod?If not it will have a flat spot,Also turn on the accelerator pump

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you done the flapper mod?If not it will have a flat spot,Also turn on the accelerator pump
Flapper mod is done. The problem is not a flat spot but a surging much like a miss. It's only at steady part throttle and at times is so bad it causes chain snatch. I'm not aware of the acc pump. Can you tell me more on that?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Flapper mod is done. The problem is not a flat spot but a surging much like a miss. It's only at steady part throttle and at times is so bad it causes chain snatch. I'm not aware of the acc pump. Can you tell me more on that?
Sounds more like you're not running a PC :confused: You sure it's working?!

The accelerator pump is a feature in the PCIII USB that requires a separate program to be downloaded. Then connect your laptop to your PC, run the program, and turn it on:

http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=223914&postcount=13

http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=217217&postcount=15

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds more like you're not running a PC :confused: You sure it's working?!

The accelerator pump is a feature in the PCIII USB that requires a separate program to be downloaded. Then connect your laptop to your PC, run the program, and turn it on:

http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=223914&postcount=13

http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=217217&postcount=15
Pretty sure it's working. The off/on throttle problem is gone. Lights indicate it's working as well. Thanks for the links, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The lights will still work on the pcIII with out a map in it,My firmware was out dated and I tried to upload new maps into my PC,It locked up.No lights would work,Ended up calling Powercommander,They have a program to unlock it,Can you retrieve the map from the bike?If you can it needs to be tuned to you bike.The RC will buck under 3500 rpm,Other riders tell me it sounds like its missing at highway speeds

Pretty sure it's working. The off/on throttle problem is gone. Lights indicate it's working as well. Thanks for the links, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lights will still work on the pcIII with out a map in it,My firmware was out dated and I tried to upload new maps into my PC,It locked up.No lights would work,Ended up calling Powercommander,They have a program to unlock it,Can you retrieve the map from the bike?If you can it needs to be tuned to you bike.The RC will buck under 3500 rpm,Other riders tell me it sounds like its missing at highway speeds
Yes I can read the map and load other maps as well. Yesterday I loaded map 105-307 and can tell a slight improvement. As soon as I feel confident I will adjust the 105-304 map in the 3500-4000 range and see if I can dail it in. Thanks for the help. I'm still hoping someone that has adjusted their map will chime in here and help an old guy out.:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So your real question is; how do you go about tweaking the individual cells, correct?
Because I'd like to know too. :)
Yes. I know how to highlight the cell but not what direction to take the number. I see mostly negative numbers in those RPM ranges now. So is negative adding fuel or removing it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Until someone who knows comments, like SubSailor or LDH, maybe there's something on youtube?...
Yeah I'll cbeck there. I thought for sure LDH would at least tell me what a cheap bastard I am for not getting a custom tune. I'm kinda dissappointed. :D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Negative values decrease fuel in the individual cells and positive numbers increase the fuel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My RC likes the Sato low w/K&N map,it runs rich but no flat spots,try them all,I have all the maps loaded in the LCD Display,I'll change them out every now and then

1 - 20 of 24 Posts