RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a usb cable and software to check what map is uploaded on my pc3. I see the cable on their website and I believe they had a downloadable software on their site. Is that what I need or do I need an actual hard copy of the software?

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
software is free from website, no hard copy needed

USB cable is a standard mini USB connector commonly used on portabale Hard drives and other peripherals. Bike must be running and on for the computer to recognize the PC3 or you have to have the 9v adapter

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool thanks. I tried to use the charging cable from my Android phone but it was slightly different. So just to clarify the motor has to be running to check/upload maps?

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
yes unless you have the 9v adapter the pc3 must be installed on bike and bike must be running

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bud. Dyno jet wants 12 bucks for the 9v adapter so I think I'll just rn the bike. So is the software rather straight forward? I see they have a t tutorial to download as well. First fuel injected bike, sorry

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
software is free from website, no hard copy needed

USB cable is a standard mini USB connector commonly used on portabale Hard drives and other peripherals. Bike must be running and on for the computer to recognize the PC3 or you have to have the 9v adapter
Are you sure on this one buddy?

Mine worked with just the key on and kill switch in run, engine not running.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
well damn, guess i was wrong. i havent had actually had a pc3 for a few months since i got pc5. i always assumed that since they even had 9v adapter

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks bud. Dyno jet wants 12 bucks for the 9v adapter so I think I'll just rn the bike. So is the software rather straight forward? I see they have a t tutorial to download as well. First fuel injected bike, sorry
Not being computer savy at all changing maps is rather easy!!!
Any USB to mini USB should work, I used the one from my gopro with no problems

·
Registered
510 Posts
You're right James...no need for the motor to be running. The PC just needs power key on and kill switch to run position.
Yeah, all I had to do was have the key in the on position, worked just fine.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
The PCIIIUSB's and newer don't need the engine running.
However, the standard PCIII and the PCIIIr, and probably the PCII, - you have to have the bike running to get anything to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts