RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so bike was running good, but I got a good deal on a pc3 usb so I decided to change to the usb instead of the serial...

so when I installed the PC3 usb now my bike wont start. I loaded the map etc but the bike will turn over just wont start.

Im thinking its with the ignition cord from the pc3r. I just cut that wire and installed the USB.

and then I unhook the pc3usb and just hook up the connectors like stock and still wont start...

like I said the bike was running perfect before I unistalled the R and went to USB.

any ideas with the ignition wire. is there something I need to do more than just cut that wire??

tomorrow im going to reinstall the pc3r and just see if it works that way again but just looking for ideas...

thanks

Stiff

and everything works (battery fully charged and neg from pc3usb is directly on neg of battery, lights light up on pc3usb when power turned on, fuel pump sound is there, all lights are normal...

plus when I kept trying to start the FI light flashed a bit until I turned the bike off and back on...

thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when installing the pc3r you plug in the ingintion plug and when you do this are you unplugging the stock plugs?

so when I unistall it do I unplug the pc3r and then have to re-plug in the stock plugs??

cause if so then this is what im missing...

I cant just cut the wire and leave it??

thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Quick rundown:
1) Did you reconnect the red ignition pulse generator connectors after removing the PCIIIr?
2) Did you ensure the PCIIIUSB negative lead is connected to the negative battery post?
3) Are the two PCIIIUSB injector harness connectors fully seated with the OEM injector harness connectors?

Was this a new or used PCIIIUSB?
Try reconnecting the PCIIIr without reconnecting its ignition pulse generator connectors as a test.
I've head it will run fine without being connected.
While I had a PCIIIr fitted, I never tested mine with the pulse generator connections disconnected.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for the reply...

usb neg is connected to neg of battery and secure.
pc3usb was bought used but is working (and I even unhooked the pc3usb and connected back to stock and still wont start)
now the red ignition pulse connectors is the thing....all I did was cut the wire from the PCIIIr. so basically I should be disconnecting two connectors and removing the PCIIIr connectors and re-connecting the stock ignition connectors.... is this about right??

I think that is my screw up I just cut the wire instead of reconnecting...

thanks

Stiff

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
thx for the reply...

usb neg is connected to neg of battery and secure.
pc3usb was bought used but is working (and I even unhooked the pc3usb and connected back to stock and still wont start)
now the red ignition pulse connectors is the thing....all I did was cut the wire from the PCIIIr. so basically I should be disconnecting two connectors and removing the PCIIIr connectors and re-connecting the stock ignition connectors.... is this about right??

I think that is my screw up I just cut the wire instead of reconnecting...

thanks

Stiff
Uh-oh, I think that may be your problem.
Just as the PCIIIr interconnects itself into the injector harness connectors, so does the PCIIIr's red ignition pulse generator connectors.

When you remove a PCIIIr, not only do you reconnect the OEM injector harness connectors, but also the OEM ignition pulse generator connectors (down between the engine and the left engine mount).

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uh-oh, I think that may be your problem.
Just as the PCIIIr interconnects itself into the injector harness connectors, so does the PCIIIr's red ignition pulse generator connectors.

When you remove a PCIIIr, not only do you reconnect the OEM injector harness connectors, but also the OEM ignition pulse generator connectors (down between the engine and the left engine mount).
ok thats my exact problem. I was trying to find some pictures etc but at my work all that stuff is blocked.

thx for your help ill post an update after I go through it..

Stiff

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
running now just forgot to plug in the ignition pulse red connectors...that was a tight fit for the fingers. lol

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
running now just forgot to plug in the ignition pulse red connectors...that was a tight fit for the fingers. lol
Yes, it is a tight fit. My experience: you should check the ign.pulse generator wires - the very ones SubSailor directed you to. Because of their routing, they're vulnerable to chaffing and grounding out on the frame or radiator. it happened to me.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thx for the heads up...ya wires looked fine.. just the red connectors were not hooked back up...bikes great now..

Stiff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts