RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently picked up a pcIII. Wanting to install it tonight or this weekend. Mods done to my RC, Pair mod, flapper mod, filters, Akrapovic slip ons. On the PC site, there's two maps

114-010 - Akra 2:2 full exhaust, airbox flapper removed, stock or aftermarket filters

114-012 - Akra slipons, stock or after market filters.

Of the two maps, which would be the best one to load to my PCIII? And once these maps are loaded, is it just a plug and play? I was planning on doing the 9v battery method to load the map on the PCIII.

Was told it currently has a map for yoshimura slipons.

TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
PC-V is coming. I was lucky enough to have Dyno Jet use my '01 as the test bike for development for the PC-V so I've got one in my bike right now. Not much difference between the PC-III and the PC-V from what I was told, but the V allows for much better tuning of individual cylinders if that's your cup of tea.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
PC-V is coming. I was lucky enough to have Dyno Jet use my '01 as the test bike for development for the PC-V so I've got one in my bike right now. Not much difference between the PC-III and the PC-V from what I was told, but the V allows for much better tuning of individual cylinders if that's your cup of tea.
Any word on an auto tune?...

·
Registered
162 Posts
does the PC-V for the RC allow for ignition control as well? or is it just controlling the fuel injection like the III did?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Not arguing- but isn't that the purpose of the PCIIIr?
I thought the V was going to implement tuning on the fly.

Thanks for joining the forum, and telling us about your test subject. :)
Please keep us updated, hell, I think you should start a new thread for it. LDH let a little snippet out a couple weeks ago about the V. Cant wait to hear what the end product will do for our RC51's.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
The real benefit will be the AutoTune module for those savvy enough to use it properly.
LDH..."when" is the big question? I know I would be very down for that setup, please ensure when it happens that you have a special group buy for us folks here.:D

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Oh, you mean like he did with the H0204? :)
I can dig it!
And I'll most likely want one. :cool:
Yes like the Ohlins...but who wouldn't want that setup? Once it's does it's thing with the autotune no more need for the dyno if I'm not mistaken.

The money up front would negate the tuner fees and can run different setups and just retune...I like that idea.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Yes like the Ohlins...but who wouldn't want that setup? Once it's does it's thing with the autotune no more need for the dyno if I'm not mistaken.

The money up front would negate the tuner fees and can run different setups and just retune...I like that idea.
Well, I don't want to speculate too much, but I'm really looking forward to it. DynoJet has to step up their game to keep up with Bazzaz I would think...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
LDH..."when" is the big question? I know I would be very down for that setup, please ensure when it happens that you have a special group buy for us folks here.:D
In a perfect world next Tuesday, but I honestly don't know if they have all the connectors to make the production run immediately or not so we will see. I'm not a vendor on this forum so you know how that goes, but everyone knows how to contact me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry for being so slow to respond fellas, I'm just not on here very often but I hope to change that.

Unfortunately I don't remember all the details that I was told about Autotune or ignition control, but I'll hit up the dude from Dyno Jet that did my bike and I'll report back what I'm told.

@Jondog9 - from what I remember being told, the PC-III allows for tuning individual tuning of the cylinders, but you can't tune a specific RPM range (or something like that). With the PC-V, you can get way more specific with where in the RPM range, on a specific cylinder, you want to make changes. In other words, with the PC-III, when you select a range to modify, it's a fairly large range, but with the PC-V, it's MUCH smaller and specific. I was shown all of this on the computer at the Dyno Jet tuning/testing center when I went to pick up my bike, but it was information overload so I don't remember all of it.

@madbuyer - we can do that dude, as long as I'm in town. If you're here over a weekend, I can easily meet you somewhere to show you the set up. I can also take pictures and post them if that's easier. I may do that anyway for those that are curious.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts