RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I had a PCIII USB on my 02...and a while ago, that one quit working...Now I purchased online a New PCIII R .....after I made the Purchased...and paid for it...I noticed this one is not the USB version...:mad:

How much Difference is this one compared to the USB Version :confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The PCIII and PCIIIr predates the PCIIIUSB.

The PCIIIUSB can be selected to sample at twice the rate as the PCIIIr, while the PCIIIr has the connector to the pulse generator to alter ignition timing advance (the 'r' stood for Racing), although it was a feature that was seldom if ever used for the street.

Both systems work quite well.
Probably the major advantage is the PCIIIUSB's newer USB interface over the PCIIIr's RS-232 serial interface.

The PCIIIUSB is a modular system, and can interface to other power commander units using USB, such as their speed-shifter module/switch assembly.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I would step up to the PCIIIusb. The r gets very little support from DynoJet, unless you call them on the phone-then their tech support is great.
There's quite a bit of complexity to loading maps on the r, due to the outdated cables and newer computer platforms that were using now-but weren't in existence when the r came out.

Once you get the map loaded, the r still works very well on the bike. I love mine. But will definitely update when it gives out.

My r, was intended for 2002-up. So yes, it'll work on the SP1 or SP2- you just need the appropriate map. As I recall, LDH has some Kyle maps for the r on his mods page.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My pcIIIr works great just got a r32 to usb cord and was easy downloaded software from dynojet took 10 min.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts