RC51 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just thought I'd post up my remap results. I will post the dyno read out in a mo.

Anyway:

130.86 Bhp & 76.73 Ft/Lb torque

Mods: PCIII with custom map
Erion slip-on's
Turn One carbon airbox
De-Flappered
De-PAIR'd
:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the dyno runs:

This was the run that produced max power:

And with the torque curve. I swapped the velocity stacks over so the short one is at the back and long one at the front to produce a bit more mid range:

·
Premium Member
6,499 Posts
can you elaborate on the velocity stack change? Did it produce the most power in stock configuration or reversed?
Changing the velocity stacks with the longer stack on front and short on rear (opposite if stock) doesn't add more HP, but it does improve the mid-range performance compared to stock arrangement.
Unfortunately, the air filters get in the way on stock airboxes.
If you have a Turn-One airbox installed, then you have plenty of room to swap stacks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Changing the velocity stacks with the longer stack on front and short on rear (opposite if stock) doesn't add more HP, but it does improve the mid-range performance compared to stock arrangement.
Unfortunately, the air filters get in the way on stock airboxes.
If you have a Turn-One airbox installed, then you have plenty of room to swap stacks.
Indeed so, SubSailor got it spot on :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just wondering what is the highest horsepower and torque gains anyone has seen for the sp1 and sp2. I just bought a 2001 RC51 and haven't made any changes yet but plan to in the next few weeks. What will be a great start for the first couple of upgrades and so on. ( its all stock)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
130Bhp +/- 2, seems to be the max without engine work.
there is an RC51 on one of the forums in the 140's but has had extensive engine work.

free mod's:

removal of the flap in the air intake snorkle.

removal of the PAIR system.

other mods:

power commander

after market exhaust - reduces weight as well as giving a power increase.

air box replacement - Turn One or Durbahn

reducing weight off the bike is a biggie!

these are great bikes but will never make power like modern litre bikes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Although they wont make modern liter bike power Ive never gotten the smile comming out of a corner on a liter bike I get everytime I roll on throttle through a corner on my RC..
I agree absolutely, and love the RC to bits. I was just trying to make the point that these bike's are getting on a bit now, and in comparison to more modern bikes in the litre class, they simply don't make comparable power, and modifications don't make huge gains.
That said, I wouldn't get rid of my SP1 for anything else and I always come off a ride with a big grin :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts