RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input/suggestions:

Two Brothers slip-ons already installed when I got my hands on my SP2. Presumably, running a generic map from Power Commander or Two Brothers, not sure, I haven't pulled the map, nor have I touched the Power Commander since I took ownership. I've got a set of Sato banzai mid-pipes + LBP GP cans heading my way.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
When you fit the banzai exhausts, I have a custom map I had done for a full LB system.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First time plugging my laptop into the PCIII USB. Key on / ignition on (bike not running)
The first picture is what was on the bike, and the second is what I sent to the PCIII. But, while sending, the software said TP table doesn't match would you like to adjust the tables? I pressed "OK"... is there any way to remedy this? Perhaps, power up the PCIII from my wall adapter? Send a zero map? Calibrate TP?

The throttle position map really bothers me:

TP Table :21, 90, 144, 108, 0, 2, 32, 0, 0 <---- WTF IS THAT?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
The second screen cap correctly shows the throttle position from 0 to 100%.
Sounds like the throttle position setting was off in the PCIIUSB.
Usually it's done starting the bike and quickly rotating the throttle to full throttle and back to idle.
I've tried it with the ignition switch on, but without then engine running, and it seemed to work fine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The second screen cap correctly shows the throttle position from 0 to 100%.
Agreed, however once I sent the map it was adjusted to the obscure throttle position table.
Sounds like the throttle position setting was off in the PCIIUSB.
Usually it's done starting the bike and quickly rotating the throttle to full throttle and back to idle.
I've tried it with the ignition switch on, but without then engine running, and it seemed to work fine.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot, I'm pretty sure I already tried that though. Including resetting the device. But, I'm going to go over all the connectors :( again. And send an e-mail to DynoJet. Not certain if this matters, but I had unplugged the battery, re-routed the rear main harness/PCIII harness, reconnected everything and then plugged in my laptop. Bike had not been started for at least a few days.

The strange thing is, when powered by the bike(not running)/9V adapter I get NO ERROR, with the bike running I get DEVICE ERROR 1. I'm hoping I can unplug everything (AGAIN), hook up my laptop to the PCIII & reset everything to factory default. Then plug everything back in, start the bike, let her warm up, and cross my fingers I don't have to send the bloody thing to DynoJet.

Screenshots : 1.) 9V adapter plugged in 2.)PCIIIUSBINFO 3.) TP Table error.
(I didn't take a screen shot of the DEVICE ERROR 1 with the bike running)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
send a proper map to the pc3, then calibrate the tps. you can do this all without the bike running.

if all that fails then reinstall the firmware

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
send a proper map to the pc3, then calibrate the tps. you can do this all without the bike running.

if all that fails then reinstall the firmware
I did essentially everything(x3). Sent map/reset/recalibrated/updated firmware. Then I got Chris from DynoJet on remote desktop to look at my unit and essentially came to the conclusion the device has a memory error/malfunction. Throttle position settings would reset/revert open/closed to current voltage.
He said he can probably fix it, just sent it out yesterday.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you fit the banzai exhausts, I have a custom map I had done for a full LB system.
I'm interested in taking a look at that map.

My PCIIIUSB had a memory error, DynoJet has repaired/shipped, waiting for delivery. And I'm going to repack both the cans. So, I'm also expecting rivets to show up from SimoneKobe.

No saddle time with this perfect weather is practically sacrilegious. Especially with new goodies to test out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts