1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
It doesn't matter how many miles the shock has on it.
Like any premium shock, they can be serviced and returned to excellent condition.
An 8987 for $670 is a great price. New, they go for over$1200 (I know).
I'd say go for it, unless you're holding out for something else.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Normally, that wouldn't be a great price. The added cost of a rebuild and re-spring (if necessary) will get you awfully close to the price of a new Ohlins unit from Dan Kyle Racing (I think I paid about $945 to my door).

But..... that is a moriwaki link that comes with it. The cheapest you can get a new copy of that is about $260? at www.rc51parts.com, or around $150-$200 used. So with that added bonus, it is a good deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Normally, that wouldn't be a great price. The added cost of a rebuild and re-spring (if necessary) will get you awfully close to the price of a new Ohlins unit from Dan Kyle Racing (I think I paid about $945 to my door).

But..... that is a moriwaki link that comes with it. The cheapest you can get a new copy of that is about $260? at www.rc51parts.com, or around $150-$200 used. So with that added bonus, it is a good deal in my opinion.
I overlooked the link and I've seen that ad several times...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks for that bit of info. the morawaki link sweetens things up a bit. It looks factory but i can see the the sides have been milled. is that a "M" in the center of that casting giving it away?
any ideas on what a shock service for a penske runs? Just oil and nitrogen?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts