RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok not mine but at this price could be a viable option for someone, it doesn't say the model and the seller seems a bit like a pr***k but maybe just because of translation.

I know it's a ways away...shipping isn't too bad.

Worse case it needs a rebuild, so factor price with shipping + rebuild and or re-spring if you wind up spending $400 total seems like still a decent deal.

Or I could be totally out to lunch in this...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/110974191264?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
By the look of the reservoir/compression adjuster, it's an 8981 or 8983.
This is a two-way (low speed compression & rebound) shock.

New, the 8983 goes for around $850. The 8987 three-way (Hi/Lo compression & rebound) goes for around $1200 new.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe just maybe you don't have to do a thing and you get Penske about $150...hell ya never know.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I am gonna try for it.....Bid placed, lets see what happens.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems I'm always scouring for a good deal, especially on Fleabay.

When I spotted this I was thinking of you Duck, good luck I hope you win it...I got this odd feeling you will.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Some one is trying to get it away from me, fair game....I'm still in. I have a feeling another member here is after it as well.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Then just chill and wait till near the end. Don't get into a bidding competition, it'll just drive the price up.
I know you know that. :eek:

Use a sniper site, I've used them a couple times and won the item.
But then, Ebays *max bid* works pretty good too, to find out what other bidders max may be.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup take JD's advice, have a limit.

I sent you a pm Duck, so if it doesn't work out this time we have a system. I have my ear to the ground also like I said in the pm.

L

·
Registered
126 Posts
i saw this this morning. as much as i want it i am not the other bidder.... i can wait. good luck duck, hope you get it!!!

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I am not to worried about it, If I do not get it that is. It is not an Ohlin's rear which is what I want. Christmas is right around the corner and I am a family guy so have to watch my "excess spending" LOL, Just seemed like a a good chance at something good at cheap price.
I am not gonna pay a high price for it.
Thanks for your honesty and good luck wish on it though.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
D.H. your honesty probably cut your throat... I will tell you- I am not bidding against ya... I already bought one sometime back(400.00)... which is still in the box, it came in...
Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
D.H. your honesty probably cut your throat... I will tell you- I am not bidding against ya... I already bought one sometime back(400.00)... which is still in the box, it came in...
Good luck
LOL Chaos......How you been ??? My mid pipes looking any better yet :D???
You know you are most likely correct on the cut my own neck part.
But I am just an honest guy, what can I say:eek::D.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
D.H. I shipped out to NY & NJ with FEMA (Rapid Needs Assessment) RNA team..
Been gone until yesterday night..
Mid-pipes "were take back" the shape..
Honesty is the best path..

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't worry Duck...good things happen to good honest people. If you don't get the Penske something better will come along.

Got my ear to the ground and feelers out there. Oh snap! I forgot I got one other guy to pm local guy I seem to recall he was thinking about parting out his track bike. I will pm him and let you know.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Nobody... You a great guy, thanks for all your help.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
D.H. I shipped out to NY & NJ with FEMA (Rapid Needs Assessment) RNA team..
Been gone until yesterday night..
Mid-pipes "were take back" the shape..
Honesty is the best path..
That must of been an interesting trip Chaos, That storm did some major damage over there. I hope everything is coming back together bit by bit there, I feel for all the people out of home right now. We have been getting major quakes here for the past few weeks now :confused: it is 2012 you know:eek::rolleyes::D
Look forward too seeing the mids when there done !!!
And yes honesty is the best path:), just sucks when it turns around and kicks your teeth in.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
HAHA !!! I send the guy a message on flea bay day or so ago....
I had asked for the spec's on the shock, what weight it is set up for etc.....He replied 2.5 kg..:eek::confused:...LOL
Ummmm no, lets try again HAHA !!! Language barrier:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts