RC51 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Ok, so dare I ask. School me on the 02 vs 03 changes. I can tell the honda wings are a bit forward on the left RC, but seems to match the side fairings great..?
No worries, I agree they match up pretty good and most would never know the difference, the 2 black wings on the 03 tank are smaller and the Honda Wing and Honda name are shadowed on the 03 tank (like the SP1 tanks I think), the 02 & 04 tank Honda Wing and name are not shadowed and are solid black.

Sorry for the thread jack...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Funny my brain went right to KTM too. I really like it, looks sharp and original. My oldest son's favorite color growing up was orange.

Fun bike. Thank you for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Funny my brain went right to KTM too. I really like it, looks sharp and original. My oldest son's favorite color growing up was orange.

Fun bike. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Thanks a million. I wasn’t sure I was going to like the orange but once I got it on there I really liked it. I really appreciate it and tell your son he’s got good taste in colors . LOL

·
Registered
315 Posts
And before KTM there was Harleys superbike half black & half orange, split down the middle! Did you mount the headlight yourself? What light is it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
And before KTM there was Harleys superbike half black & half orange, split down the middle! Did you mount the headlight yourself? What light is it?
I remember that poor old Harley going around the high Banks of Daytona with Miguel Duhamel in the seat only to throw its chain mid race lol!! To be honest I can't remember where I got this light from I think it was Amazon but it's got a high intensity LED that's more than bright enough and yeah.... The mounting was done by me. Real pain in the rectum. Had to fabricate many parts to make it work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I remember that poor old Harley going around the high Banks of Daytona with Miguel Duhamel in the seat only to throw its chain mid race lol!! To be honest I can't remember where I got this light from I think it was Amazon but it's got a high intensity LED that's more than bright enough and yeah.... The mounting was done by me. Real pain in the rectum. Had to fabricate many parts to make it work.
Being that its a fiberglass 2 piece race upper and lower it has absolutely nothing as far as headlight mounts or anything else up front. It was definitely a challenge! LOL

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah I figured you probably did it yourself. Been wanting to replace my remaining light with an led and have looked at a few units. They all look like it will be some creative work to integrate into the fairing. Good job xenon!👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
Spell check botched yer handle!! Sorry
No worries. Everyone does. Instead of xenon (like the element) I made up that name as a joke (Pronounced: see no one) but it totally backfired on me cause Everybody’s spellchecker auto corrects so they end up sending all my email to Xenon. I’ll see if I can dig up that light on Amazon for you. I’m pretty sure it was like $30.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts