RC51 Forums banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
WOW! That is sharp!

I'm usually not a sticker guy but on the RC's they look amazing
Most of those stickers have been removed except for the original Nicky Hayden decals. This photo was taken right after I bought the bike and the previous owner put a bunch of stickers on the bike.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Most of those stickers have been removed except for the original Nicky Hayden decals. This photo was taken right after I bought the bike and the previous owner put a bunch of stickers on the bike.
Most of those came with the Nicky except the Brembo , the Vortex and the Dynojet by the radiator.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was actually in the pits that day at Daytona and got to talk with him for a few minutes. Super friendly guy...very cool. I remember being totally shocked at how short he was . LOL!
You should see his dad. He was racing the old H1R’s back when they were a little weird handling. He raced against Gary Nixon and Romero, all those guys. He had crashed in the corkscrew at Laguna more than once and said he ought to buy the track and take the corkscrew out! He’s a little smaller than Miggy but those dudes ride like they got some big brass ones! Just added this to my baby, took some doing as it affected other stuff like no ignition switch mount.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most of those came with the Nicky except the Brembo , the Vortex and the Dynojet by the radiator.
Yes sir you are correct. And those are the ones that have been removed. They didn’t fit it well at all. Especially the brembo sticker… the bike doesn’t even have brembo parts on it.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Great color scheme! Are the graphics and Text painted or decals? Really sleek look with the thin short mufflers

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should see his dad. He was racing the old H1R’s back when they were a little weird handling. He raced against Gary Nixon and Romero, all those guys. He had crashed in the corkscrew at Laguna more than once and said he ought to buy the track and take the corkscrew out! He’s a little smaller than Miggy but those dudes ride like they got some big brass ones! Just added this to my baby, took some doing as it affected other stuff like no ignition switch mount. View attachment 136706
MAN........Absolutely gorgeous. Triple tree could pass for an art sculpture! I love it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should see his dad. He was racing the old H1R’s back when they were a little weird handling. He raced against Gary Nixon and Romero, all those guys. He had crashed in the corkscrew at Laguna more than once and said he ought to buy the track and take the corkscrew out! He’s a little smaller than Miggy but those dudes ride like they got some big brass ones! Just added this to my baby, took some doing as it affected other stuff like no ignition switch mount. View attachment 136706
Where did you end up putting your ignition? I'm actually working on a project to make a clear clutch cover for the RCs. Should be sweet when finished but lots of trial and error. I noticed a few duc's clear clutch covers start to turn hazy after so long. Can't have that for the RCs.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks man. I’ve put a lot of work into this bike and have to say even when issues came up I enjoyed every minute. Just about done now. Still have a slipper clutch sitting on the bench for install this winter if we ever get any rain. Wibbly was a big help and inspiration for several things including the triples and rfid key system. His bike IS a work of art.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks man. I’ve put a lot of work into this bike and have to say even when issues came up I enjoyed every minute. Just about done now. Still have a slipper clutch sitting on the bench for install this winter if we ever get any rain. Wibbly was a big help and inspiration for several things including the triples and rfid key system. His bike IS a work of art.
Most definitely beautiful. Let me know how you like the slipper clutch. I have been thinking about going that route also.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I installed the moto gadget mo-lock rfid. Easy to hide and you just swipe a fob above it or you can get a “bean” actually a tiny glass tube which could be sewn into a glove if desired.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts