RC51 Forums banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
I see, you had to glass in the opening and fab up the mounts. I had looked at a Denali led aux light. Has a provision to run 1/2 power and full power when you go to high beam. Although technically not a hi/lo beam like a stock light it does use two spot configured leds and two flood leds. 3000 lumens and only 2.3 amps. Here’s what she looks like currently.
just one eye.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I see, you had to glass in the opening and fab up the mounts. I had looked at a Denali led aux light. Has a provision to run 1/2 power and full power when you go to high beam. Although technically not a hi/lo beam like a stock light it does use two spot configured leds and two flood leds. 3000 lumens and only 2.3 amps. Here’s what she looks like currently. View attachment 136762 just one eye.
I really like the one eye endurance look. I was actually going to do a Cabin replica but ended up in a completely different direction. It happens.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
ė

·
Registered
315 Posts
I really like the one eye endurance look. I was actually going to do a Cabin replica but ended up in a completely different direction. It happens. View attachment 136763 ė
My plan had been to get a carbon fiber upper from a certain asshat who shall go unnamed. It was to be furnished with a cbr250rr headlight which is a legal hi/low quartz bulb. Would have been covered with a clear plastic piece. However that dude kept the money and can’t be shamed into either keeping the deal or refunding the $$$. So I may see if air tech would under take to make either a CF unit with small head;Ishtar or Kevlar reinforced fiberglass. Just trying to get her down to 415-420 lbs curb weight. If I had thought to get a left side filler for the current h/light I could have tried my hand at fabricating a headlight opening and mount for a small led light. Still a possibility down the road.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My plan had been to get a carbon fiber upper from a certain asshat who shall go unnamed. It was to be furnished with a cbr250rr headlight which is a legal hi/low quartz bulb. Would have been covered with a clear plastic piece. However that dude kept the money and can’t be shamed into either keeping the deal or refunding the $$$. So I may see if air tech would under take to make either a CF unit with small head;Ishtar or Kevlar reinforced fiberglass. Just trying to get her down to 415-420 lbs curb weight. If I had thought to get a left side filler for the current h/light I could have tried my hand at fabricating a headlight opening and mount for a small led light. Still a possibility down the road.
Airtech is good people. I've been dealing with them since the early 90s and have never had a problem with their products. Let em know what you want and they are usually happy to help with any custom work (for a small fee of course). Plus you won't get stung by bulls**t artist that claims they can make anything you want. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I noticed the scale next to the modern tidbits,is that where you get all your Ti. Parts?
Most of the titanium comes from pro bolt. When the RC was still a current model they had just about anything you could want except I never saw axles listed. my first taste of ti64 was from Manson Technologies for my 93 CBR900. I might have bought some stuff from Mettec then as well. with the RC I wanted black finish on some of the fasteners and Pro Bolts does a DLC coat which which I wanted for any pivot parts like the shock linkage and mount bolts. As time went on (RC has been a 18 year project) there was less listed but if you look up fastener sizes on the manufactures parts list you can find matches within Pro Bolts website. So I ordered the valve cover bolts which are unique to some models. Found that 2 of the bolts are different. Then when cruising Mettec website I found that the CBR250 valve cover bolts stated they also fit RC51. But they are pricey- you get one for what Pro bolt charges for 4! But I was already addicted so you know it was just a matter of time. Mettec also has a pretty good selection of the 6mm shoulder bolts that Honda uses for the fairings and the chain guard in Ti64 or 7075 aluminum. So I’ve have pretty much done everything I could source and replace on the outside of the bike. Since I threw down for the BST wheels figured everything there, disc mount bolts, sprocket nuts and drive bolts all ti64. There is also ti64.com here in the USA for a pretty good variety as well. Unfortunately Pete of ti64 U.K. Retired just when I wanted his beautiful titanium axles. I will say that I’m just a little crazy for lightweight tech but ti64 bolts should be the last place to pend your $$ to reduce weight. A nice set of wheels is a huge difference in the way you can flick piggy around. A lithium battery will run about $150 but can be as much as 5.5 pounds lighter.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts