RC51 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up another Aprilia bike today. I bought it mainly for my wife and kids to learn on, but who am i kidding, this thing is awesome to blast around on. Its an 1999 Aprilia RS50 bored out to 70cc with a few other little goodies on it with 3000 miles on it, and it was for sale right around the corner from me. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Picked up another Aprilia bike today. I bought it mainly for my wife and kids to learn on, but who am i kidding, this thing is awesome to blast around on. Its an 1999 Aprilia RS50 bored out to 70cc with a few other little goodies on it with 3000 miles on it, and it was for sale right around the corner from me. :)
You need to bring that to Indy....those are a blast.:cool::D Best part, in Indiana anything below 50cc you dont have to plate!!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
same in Colorado. Don't need a motorcycle license either....just a drivers license. That was big selling point for me too. It's been tuned a bit, arrow exhaust, 70cc big bore kit, mikuni carbs, going to take it apart tomorrow and see what else. Parts are cheap as dirt too. This thing is going to be fun and cheap to tune too.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
same in Colorado. Don't need a motorcycle license either....just a drivers license. That was big selling point for me too. It's been tuned a bit, arrow exhaust, 70cc big bore kit, mikuni carbs, going to take it apart tomorrow and see what else. Parts are cheap as dirt too. This thing is going to be fun and cheap to tune too.
I bet the boy can't wait to get the training wheels on!!:eek::D:cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
That is the exact bike I wanted for the exact same reason but change wife and kids to "degenerate friends". Nice buy.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
That'll be giggly fun to ride... you'll be much keener to go out and get some milk & small groceries now. :D

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
thats a nice little toy and and even better garage set up haha, i wish i had a lift and shiny huge red tool box

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, unfortuantely thats not my garage or my lift......it was the previous owners. It is a blast to ride, i'm so glad i bought it. Its actually pretty fast too.at 5000 RPM it really takes off.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
That is the exact bike I wanted for the exact same reason but change wife and kids to "degenerate friends". Nice buy.
Well if one of your degenerate friends is riding that bike, and you're on your RC51, than it shouldn't be all that hard to *lose* that friend! :D :D

gts455- I'm jealous! That would be such a fun bike to scoot around on. Way to go. :)

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks John. The guy i got it from was literally around the block. it was seriously cheap, only 1500. It does not require a motorcycle license, just drivers license, which is perfect for the wife. No registration needed either, just insurance. I can see myself getting hassled on it so i did some research and it only cost 5 dollars to register it for 3 years.....seriously cannot beat this thing. Parts are cheap as dirt too. Cheap bike and no rules. Perfect.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
dude 1500!!!!????? thats an EFFIN STEAL!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, i thought so. Especially in the US. i guess they are really rare here.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
i have only seen the nsr50 theres one for sale here in ATL he wants 2500 bucks and its not as nice as the rs50, how fast does that sucker go?

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i had mine up to 60 real easy. stock gearing does 55-65, with gearing it can do 80-90. Here is AF1's RS50 at the track.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You're my hero. I had a chance to get a 250 version last year when i bought my bike. A guy in Vermont had it converted for street use. I think it had 30hrs on it.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, i am really surprised ow hard to find they are.....glad i snatched this one up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts