RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a photograph of how the pins look when installed on the restraint frame and on the bike? I got the complete system a month ago and with the cold weather I’ve just now started to look at everything.

On what im assuming is the right side pin (larger diameter) the pin won’t come close to fitting in the axle. No way that’s fitting in there. All it will do is fit flush up against the axle nut. The left side drops right in as it should, I think. Looking over the shipping papers it looks like I was sent the correct pins, but something just doesn’t seem to be right. The larger pin has an “MR” etched on it as well. My RC is an ‘02 model with what I’m assuming is the stock axle. A phone call to Pit Bull is in order, but I figured I’d see if this was/is a common issue or if I’m doing something completely incorrect.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok. Thanks for the picture. For some reason mine definitely isn't right. I called Pit Bull yesterday but the gentleman I need to speak to was out. Hopefully I'll hear something today. 2 different employees indicated that I have the right pins, so the issue must be with my axle. Interesting too that Partzilla shows two different rear axles. One for 2000-2002 years which shows as unavailable. 2003-2006 have a different part number which is in stock. This goes against what I had thought, in that any differences were 2000-2001 (SP1), and then 2002-2006 (SP2). Even Pit Bull says all years RC51 pins are the same.

I'll update the thread with what I find out, even though Im about the only one left with these issues considering the age of the bikes now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I am sure you tried but did you flip / flop pins ? L-R R-L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts