RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im sorry everyone im just worried that im going to destroy my bike after doing something that should have been easy. OK heres what ive done so far. Im doing the pair removal. I bought the block off plates from dan kyle and i put the bolts back in and one is stripped it will seat but can move if ratched it never fully tightens. It has lock tite on it. Im just wondering if thats enough do you think i dont know how much pressure is behind this plate.

2nd. IM using the stock pair gasket just removed the small crew and the flame shield this should be enough dont you think? I cant find any info on it and i dont feel right about using a liquid gasket. thanks

3rd if i have completely messed this up somehow what could happen will i know from the start?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one....

well then does anyone know how much pressure is behind this pair cover i just dont want to potentialy damage the engine over a bolt on something i shouldnt have removed in the first place thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
!. Well if your bolt hole is stripped out, then the best way to repair it is to use a TimeSert.
http://www.timesert.com/
I've used these on many bikes where the engine covers were stripped out due to "over-zealous" torquing. They work great and are stronger than the original tapped hole.
You may find a shop in your area that has them and can install them.

2. Since you're blocking off the port, there's no need for the flame shield. You might get by with just a little gasket adhesive around the seating area.

3. Hard to say. Probably oil leaks would be most probable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well started the bike today revved it up works ok ill take out for a nice spirited ride and make sure that bolt holds up. thanks sub sailor i might try one of the sets if this doesnt hold well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts