RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty have some kind of issue here. Been waiting on my plates and reg for the bike and havent got to ride. so put on some swingarm spools the other day to put her up on the new reaer syand I just bought and it fell over in my shed of course hit the left mirror and sheared vit off so had to order one of those. Now got
to ride her when I first bought it and it ran great so no worries there. So after I dropped it picked it up and she wouldnt start. So pretty much killed the battery so had it tested and it was bad so put a new battery in it. She still wont start cranks over fine fuel pump comes on pulled the rear cover off and nothing seems to be wrong. Kinda lost at this point this sucks cause I just wanna go for a ride. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Todd

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tipover switch maybe? That's just a guess so don't take it as fact, I'm also new to the RC so don't know where it would be located, but something to research?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already tried that found the relay but have yet to find the actual sensor which should be there but no dice. Have the honda service manual but havent found it yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is good to know thank you. Gonna tear into it some more today and check plugs and such. Any advice is good advice right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty need to know if anyone has ever had the tip over sensor go bad on them and what happens when it does. everything else seems to be good. That friggin sensor seems to make the most sense to me its right where the bike fell over. It doesnt look damaged at all but Im ready to go to honda at this point if nothing else. Its had to have happened to somebody out there. PLEASEfor the love of God HELP!! As you can tell this is truly frustrating lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If your fuel pump is priming when you turn the key then the bank angle sensor is operating correctly. That relay is in series with the fuel pump feed and the pump would not run unless the sensor was picking up that relay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that's good and bad cause its working which is godd but bad cause that means its something else.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you have the service manual, work your way through the troubleshooting procedures. There are alot of electrical components along the left side of the bike, maybe a connection came loose during the tipover? If it was running fine before then I would assume something got knocked loose or damaged when it fell. Look for possible loose or broken wires/connectors.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you pulled a spark plug and checked that you are getting spark? At least then you would know if it is electrical or fuel problem. Has to be one or the other.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep it ran just fine before I dropped it. Already checked all fuses and general connections. The only thing that broke that sticks out to me is the mirror. Heck I rode it to the gas station to topp it off with fuel before all this happened.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Check the connections on the coil on left side . Mine died the first 2 times I rode it.checked all relays and such, turned out there was a10 mm socket on top of coil and when I leaned left it died.flawless ever since

·
Registered
68 Posts
You may want to check the Bank Angle Sensor and Relays. As Wibbly said if the pump primes it is a problem elsewhere but mine worked randomly and would occasionally not allow restart. Suggest doing a search on "Bank Angle Sensor" and confirm it is not improperly located or perhaps came dislocated with the tip over. If you are sure you are getting "fuel pump prime" when key is turned problem is probably elsewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check to make sure kick stand isn't somehow bent or the sensor isn't being tripped (into thinking the kickstand is still down). Work it up and down a few times and see if it does anything. ;-)

Edit: I know it shouldn't crank if that was the case, but I've seen some wierd gremlins show themselves on older bikes after light falls.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check the connections on the coil on left side . Mine died the first 2 times I rode it.checked all relays and such, turned out there was a10 mm socket on top of coil and when I leaned left it died.flawless ever since
A 10mm socket?! Wow! That’s a crazy story.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Ill know soon enough took her to the Honda shop today so Ill keep ya all posted as to what they say

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well turned out the power commander was the culprit. They unplugged it and took it back to stock and she fired right up. Glad to have her back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts