RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone to my mechanic. he said all the work is almost done but the prev owner had this bike in a hell of a mess.

apparently the spark plugs dont look like theyve been changed since the bike was built!

the battery cover is missing.

possibly the wrong spindle in the swingarm, so current one has got a load of washers on it.

and the play in the rear wheel is cos the suspension bushes need replaced.

and the sump plug needed a machine to get it off!

he said some of that stuff can wait, but------------------------

the oil and filters have been changed with mobil1 oil and a hiflo filter:)

plugs have been changed and ports are cleaned out:)

coolants changed with water wetter:)

throttle tube replaced:)

air filters replaced

and just for good measure (and without asking me) the exhaust baffles have been removed.:cool:

should be ready tonight or tomo morn. ill take care of the other stuff in due course, but im a happy man and cant wait to pick it up!

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
apparently the spark plugs dont look like theyve been changed since the bike was built! EEEEKKK

the battery cover is missing.No Biggy

possibly the wrong spindle in the swingarm, so current one has got a load of washers on it.:eek::eek:

and the play in the rear wheel is cos the suspension bushes need replaced.

and the sump plug needed a machine to get it off!

he said some of that stuff can wait, but------------------------

the oil and filters have been changed with mobil1 oil and a hiflo filter:)
^I use Hiflo, they are good
plugs have been changed and ports are cleaned out:)GOOD

coolants changed with water wetter:)I also use this, good, engine ice is good too FYI

throttle tube replaced:)

air filters replacedYou used OEM right ???

and just for good measure (and without asking me) the exhaust baffles have been removed.:cool:HELL YES, Will sound much better !!!

should be ready tonight or tomo morn. ill take care of the other stuff in due course, but im a happy man and cant wait to pick it up!
Right on Bear, good stuff....:D

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just back from picking it up, and ive fallen in love with it all over again. runs so smooth compared to before and it responds to everything im asking. whereas before, id ask it to do something then had to keep my fingers crossed that it would do it.

oh yeah, and it sounds fucking awesome with the baffles out.:)

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Good to hear about the bike.

That part about the rear spindle (axle?) and related hardware is scary.
That could have turned into a serious (if not lethal) situation.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Glad to hear things are improving. Too bad the bike is so rare over there you had to deal with this. But it sounds like the bike near done and good.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That part about the rear spindle (axle?) and related hardware is scary.
That could have turned into a serious (if not lethal) situation.
lol, that hasnt been fixed yet, but 2 points:

he gave it a thorough check and it looks safe, just a bit unusual.

and itll be getting seen to within the next few months approx 1000 miles. so its all good

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
lol, that hasnt been fixed yet, but 2 points:

he gave it a thorough check and it looks safe, just a bit unusual.

and itll be getting seen to within the next few months approx 1000 miles. so its all good
I am sorry to say, I would NOTeven ride the thing with the rear like that.
God's graces be with you man........

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Either the rear axle, or swingarm pivot bolt, whichever it is, both are low demand items and should be dirt cheap to buy used. Check the many bike part out threads here and at speedzilla. It should cost no more than 10-15 euro to ship too and not take too long. Got a tool from GB in a week recently paying only $15 for shipping.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sounds like you have a trusty and reliable dealership. I don't trust my local Honda dealership at all. The only thing I've had them do is change my tyres out for me. They offered to scrub them for me, I said no. When I picked the bike up, it had 20 extra miles on it. Arseholes still took it out for a spin without my consent.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sounds like you have a trusty and reliable dealership. I don't trust my local Honda dealership at all. The only thing I've had them do is change my tyres out for me. They offered to scrub them for me, I said no. When I picked the bike up, it had 20 extra miles on it. Arseholes still took it out for a spin without my consent.
:eek: I would have had a word or two about that

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I've always been asked for permissionprior to a shop tersting my bike(s) after a tire change. I always agree/consent but I'd be pissed for sure if they didn't ask. I just take my wheels from the SP in (I remove and re-install them myself since it's not difficult even for me) for tires.
Glad you're getting sorted out Bear!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts