RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old choke cable was stretched too much and didnt work properly, and part of my throttle return cable was torn/frayed slightly.

got them both replaced today with shiny new parts from honda. wasnt going to bother replacing them, but looking at the old throttle return pic attached, im glad i did

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
my old choke cable was stretched too much and didnt work properly, and part of my throttle return cable was torn/frayed slightly.

got them both replaced today with shiny new parts from honda. wasnt going to bother replacing them, but looking at the old throttle return pic attached, im glad i did
Good call Polarbear. Looking like that cable was going to strand you soon.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Bear I'm installing the exact same clipons...they are a very nice set. I like the adjustability, if you have any issues with the install pm me your email and I will see if I can help.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that would be awesome nobody. got a few things to do first, checking it fires up ok when its back together, then serviced, swingarm removed for painting, then ill be intouch about the clipons :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
felt good installing the new one, real piece of mind stuff. gonna be putting it back together then fitting these shortly :)
Just recently installed mine too. They went in fairly easily, just had to keep playing with the angles and control locations. Set mine to 0deg and same angle back as oems. I ended up putting the oem bar weights in to reuse the same bar ends I had. Only problem I had was the oem brake lines were wayyyy too tight for my liking. Nothing some Spiegler lines couldn't fix. They are taller and wider which is exactly what I was looking for. I even got worried for a quick second I wasn't gonna fit while splitting lanes. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
felt good installing the new one, real piece of mind stuff. gonna be putting it back together then fitting these shortly :)

Bear I'm installing the exact same clipons...they are a very nice set. I like the adjustability, if you have any issues with the install pm me your email and I will see if I can help.
I have the apex clip ons. I've very happy with them. Personally I don't notice any flex and easy to adjust and change the bar angle

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyway hijackers :)

Ive finished everything under the tank that i want to do and have put it back together. havent put fuel in it yet (will be doing that tomo).

i turned the ignition on just to make sure i dont have any warning lights, and to listen to the fuel pump priming. No warning lights, It sounded real lazy on the 1st try, then a little better on the 2nd and closer to normal on the 3rd.

That normal? is it just waking up?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not sure if normal bear, but I got the same thing when replacing my tank a while back. Actually whistled at me and was seemingly slow. All is well now though...

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
When the tank is disconnected, after re connecting the lines you have air in there.
When you first prime the FI system... whistling and seemingly slow priming noise is common as you purge the air out by circulating the fuel via priming the FI.
It startled me the very first time my tank whistled at me :eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Carlos' didn't whistle... it barked!
...into life after a few churns of the starter. :)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats it all back together, Oil and filter have been changed too. it takes a little cranking over to get the engine going but it does fires up, better than before when it took a shit load of cranking and wasnt firing up at all. so id like to think its getting better and will eventually right itself since its already showing signs of improvement, Maybe its cos of the new FPR and the new oil change?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, Im slightly ahead of schedule with my work and im going to move onto removing my old clipons to make way for my Apex set (feel free to chime in Nobody).

What is the best/quickest way to remove the old ones? Does the top yoke need to be completely removed?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts