RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was down at a bike night in the inner city and ran into this different Rc...

This thing is polished to the max. Everything that is not plastic has been polished to a shine. The guy that I talked to just got the bike this way and although it was done very nicely and with great care that look just isn't for the Rc..
The bike is an 01 and is mostly stock.
I talked with (Lee) for quite some time on how to get his bike back to how it should be...
Strip the bike completely down and send out to powdercoat or do some looking around and find someone that likes the polished look and swap frames and swingers?
The little stuff like calipers and brackets, triple tree, bottom of the forks and many other small pieces I can redo for him...
What direction would you guys do with a restoration project like this?

I was blown away by how much time someone took to completely polish this whole bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it is different and not bad.
The thing is that when its in the sun the bike becomes a big blurr.
The thing is so bright it melts eyeballs and the details of the bike dissapear.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Will take a lot of maintenance to stop it getting all corroded over time. Looks nice if well maintained, I guess!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will take a lot of maintenance to stop it getting all corroded over time. Looks nice if well maintained, I guess!
Very true.
The owner is just worn out trying to keep the shine up.
That much bare to clean up just opens the door for missed spots or worse the still remaining polish compound that someone like me will pull out a rag and finish it up for ya.
Have a mean eye for that and it drives me bonkers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts