RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's with the feckin Skout add that keeps popping up!

Really starting to piss me off, eveytime I touch the screen on the tablet it pops up!:mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a box that keeps popping up every time I touch the screen. Not big but very annoying. It changed from Skout to something else after a while, but by that time I was feed up with it and logged off.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Im sorry to complain, but these pop-up apps are starting to get bothersome.

·
Administrator
1,238 Posts
Try this....

1. Open the Browser
2. Open "Advanced" Menu
* Note that on Chrome, you need to go to "Content Setting"
3. Mark "Block Pop-ups" button (For Android Default browser, find it under "Page Content" section)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I get it on my iPhone, its part of 'word' advertising, when a specific word relates to an add you'll get that pop up or small window that takes a few minutes to fade out. Very irritating and I've not bothered how to look it up on my iPhone to stop it.

·
Administrator
1,238 Posts
Look for an app maybe? Not much we can do on this end, I know that's not the answer your looking for....sorry.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Maybe it's not related to the msg board (?) - try running MBAM and/or your antivirus to see if your PC caught anything...

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Popup blocker already enabled, I suspect your admin status is the reason you aren't getting them.

While posting this, one popped up under my finger and opened the link. Really annoying!:mad:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's only on this site, antivirus checks out fine, and it's a tablet not PC.

Maybe it's not related to the msg board (?) - try running MBAM and/or your antivirus to see if your PC caught anything...

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tried downloading an app, tried google for an answer, even ran an app to check for popup apps, nothing!

It really is spoiling this forum for me.:mad:

I could sort of understand it if I wasn't a paid up member, but something this obtrusive is a piss take for a fully paid up member.:mad:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very much appreciated, thanks.

·
Administrator
1,238 Posts
Try this....
1. Open up your User CP
2. Go to "Edit Details"
3. Scroll to the bottom where you will see "IntelliTXT Ads"
4. Choose "disable"
5. Press "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seems to have done the trick, no adds since changing to disable.

Many thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts