RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Fellas. Its been a while since I have been here. Here is my problem: last night when I turned the key to "on" the RC (SP1) did not respond at all. I found that if I left it in that position the dash would light up after a few seconds, as if warming up, then the fuel relay would click on and off rapidly. The pump does not prime, fuses are intact, battery voltage is good and, all the relays appear to be working properly. I am unable to get a FI code for some reason. The gauges do flash when the relay clicks so perhaps that combined with the slow start up of everything else has something to do with it. I am in California so there is no "riding season". She had been running fine and had last run about 4 hours before this. Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Voltage might be good on the batt but what about the amps? Just my two pence but do you have a buddy with a battery you can borrow? or can you jump it to see if she lights up properly? I used a car to jump mine last time. You probably don't need to start it, just to rule out the battery.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So, I made a stupid mistake; check the power source first. I checked the volts on the battery but not the amperage. Thanks Rossco. Hooked up my roommates battery the next day and it fired right up. All taken care of now. Thanks for the input, fellas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts